rejetto forum

Port 80 is used? WTF

Offline Bigjake52

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Heu

I"m trying to get hfs to work on my server its running windows 2003 server 32bit.

I'm wanting to use port 80 to make it seamless for my end users but I can not even get port 80 to be aplied to the porgram and it defaults to 8080 (I cant forwared that to this computer as I use it for another service on my tower

now I have found out with netstat -o -a that the pid that is using port 80 is pid4
I found out that in my computer that pid4 is "system"

well I dont have webservices installed on my server, I do have fillzilla running ftp, and have vpn and remote desktop running but they are no wheres near port 80.

Im struck for words, and also how can install hfs as a service as I do not want to be bothed with it much after its running on my server..

I bet this has an easy fix. but search wont find much for me,

edit is there also a way I can slightly edit the front page to say what I want I know I changed the ban message to something more amusing
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:20:25 PM by Bigjake52 »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. if it's "system" then you probably have IIS on your system.
there's nothing HFS can do about it, you have to free the port yourself before HFS can  you use.

2. running as a service is possible only through external programs, and there are sever side effects.
search the forum and you'll find, it was widely discussed.