rejetto forum

FR: comment dialog automatic

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
somone asked for an option that automatically pops up the comment dialog when a file is added

i would like to know how many people would find this useful

Offline tosha

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I personally " FOR ADDITION "! I vote two hands  :^^:

ANTS

A comment to add to a file as soon as you add it?

If so then no I won't use it but it would be great addition. Just make sure you can turn it on or off.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Yes there have been posts in the past requesting such a feature.  I think it would be good to add that option to HFS.  Not everybody will use it, but some people will,  so I would suggest that if you impliment it to have it turned OFF by default.

Adding a comment when a file is added to the VFS would still allow the file to be dragged and dropped to other folders and still retain the comment.  

However, when a file is added as the result of an upload which is in a real folder I'm not sure if a comment could be added and if it could you wouldn't be able to drag and drop that file or retain the comment to the file when it is manually moved to it's final destination.  I don't think adding a comment to uploaded files would give the desired results.
maverick

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i agree with maverick,
but the comment for the file could expirate like the new file flag do after some defined/customized time....
<<LeDuFe>>

BowflexMaster

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, accepted

usability problem:
if i add 10 files, should it popup a dialog to enter the same comment for them all?
or should it popup 10 dialogs ?
i think this feature should work only with single file additions.

Offline tosha

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
ok, accepted

usability problem:
if i add 10 files, should it popup a dialog to enter the same comment for them all?
or should it popup 10 dialogs ?
i think this feature should work only with single file additions.

I agree. Only for individual objects

Anonymous

Only for single file additions.  Also, have the option to turn off/on this feature with the default being OFF.