rejetto forum

Feature Req: Utilizing thumbs.db for image gallery

KalleB · 23 · 12212

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
  • Cthulhu fhtagn! Cthulhu fhtagn!!!
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
hey, people! I know that 7-Zip archiver can unpack thumbs.db file & other not popular formats!  ;)
http://www.7-zip.org

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes, that would be waterproof. But why use the path used by windows and not the path used by HFS? would make more sense to me :) (and probably novice users aswell)

Agreed

This is good feedback and constructive ideas, i like it :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Anyway, we might ask rejetto how the .vfs file actually works and how it is generated. Maybe he can help us out on that one (oh rejettooo! :P)

you really need to know?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
:o That's again something new for me. But as I already said in my previous post, I don't like any program "messing up" my photo archives (actually, I've even locked all the albums with ntfs rights so that changing their contents is not possible 8)).

i tried changing the content of a folder on my ntfs, and the creation timestamp was not changed.

So I think adding only Diff template settings into VFS for the gallery folders would be pretty neat solution.

it's much harder, the hfs.diff.tpl solution will suit most people, especially your non-techie friends ;)

Diff template can be used to override just some sections of the main template (like the [files] & [style] I already mentioned), doesn't it(?)

sure, that's what the "diff" stands for

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Anyway, we might ask rejetto how the .vfs file actually works and how it is generated. Maybe he can help us out on that one (oh rejettooo! :P)

you really need to know?

I dont need to know, but I am interested how it works :P

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hey, people! I know that 7-Zip archiver can unpack thumbs.db file & other not popular formats!  ;)

i use 7-zip. thumbs.db is not listed on the supported formats, and indeed it failed when i tried to unpack it.

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

i use 7-zip. thumbs.db is not listed on the supported formats, and indeed it failed when i tried to unpack it.

I did a google search for "extract thumbs.db" and got a couple results but I cant say if they have any good information or work.

Thumbs.db whitepaper??

Script to extract thumbs.db

and many more ;)

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
  • Cthulhu fhtagn! Cthulhu fhtagn!!!
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
update your 7-zip to last non-stable version & check that feature again!  :P