rejetto forum

Download rate limit 2 at a time

Thiago · 9 · 3180

Offline Thiago

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm new here!
Is it possible to leave default 2 download per ip ???
Even ignoring limits on registered users?
Ex: Everyone has 2 download per ip, even ignoring limits!

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Using hfs default template and a limit max connection set to 2 would do this, but if there are resouce that are pulled that require more than 2 could nextion the club went won't see a good webpage.

Expert mod
Limits
Max conection
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Thiago

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your reply!

I did this, only 2 download at a time
Expert mod
limits to
maximum connection
The point would be to "ignore limits" in the registers. The limitation would not work.
There is a user who uses programs to download everything at once and crashes my HFS.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Then uncheck the option of use for download acelators and program, I'm not in fort of the interface for the exact option and it where abouts... It's on the menu.

One for Download manager and download acelators (it's a diturent and will stop most download spaming)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i couldn't find the option in the menu anymore...

i made a setup that might work for you.
see picture

Steps is folder structure

C:/webroot/HFS.exe

C webroot has another folder in it
HFS folder (bind root to this folder)

HFS folder has a folder in it
(site 1)
Site 1 is the start of you webpage... (as a real folder)

as you can see in the folders with option you can have a view but no downloads..

(there are header redirects for download mangers) but the solution to activating) a download site is user account with access to download and add the same folder again)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't understand your problem.
You should limit downloads, not connection, as connections are used also for browsing.
If you set the limit to 2, then it should not "crash" your hfs. What do you mean by crash?

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
There is a user who uses programs to download everything at once and crashes my HFS.
If you set the limit to 2, then it should not "crash" your hfs. What do you mean by crash?
I think the problem described by Thiago as "crash" happens when some user uses the 'Folder archive' function (downloading the whole shared folder as a TAR archive package). Perhaps the HFS's log has some information about this.

@Thiago: when you say that some user "crashes" your HFS, do you mean that HFS is automatically closed and you have to start HFS again?, or that kind of "crash" makes your PC unresponsive but HFS keeps running?...
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Thiago

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
"I think the problem described by Thiago as "crash" happens when some user uses the 'Folder archive' function (downloading the whole shared folder as a TAR archive package). Perhaps the HFS's log has some information about this."

R: Exactly! Sorry for my English!

"@Thiago: when you say that some user "crashes" your HFS, do you mean that HFS is automatically closed and you have to start HFS again?, or that kind of "crash" makes your PC unresponsive but HFS keeps running?..."

HFS is automatically closed !