rejetto forum

How to mount a network folder?

Guest · 9 · 3107

I can drag and drop folders from the local PC, but i want do drag and drop a shared folder from the Local network. How to do that?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Of course i tried :)
But i doesn't work. I can drop the folder anywhere else, but not in the HFS window. The mouse cursor turns into ... well ... something like the road sign that say it is forbidden to go there :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it works flawlessly here
tested right now to be sure
if you understand something more of your problem, let me know

maybe it's because i run win 2000? someone else with 2k tested this?

btw i'm quite good with delphi, how can people contribute with code?

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i guess that is not a matter of OS, but permission and access...
first
you have to try something that worked for me
try to map the network folder or resource as Z or some other letter, then from your machine, running the hfs, try to access it
if it works, well, just drag the mapped unit (the letter) to the hfs vfs
it work for me like this, when i tryed to drag&drop just the shared resource of the other machine(my wife-pc) didn´t work, but when i map a network folder and then add the mapped resource, it works
by the way, my wife use windows 2000 pro
my machine runs windows 2003 enterprise
my admin password is the master network password, and so i don´t need to type any password, but if its not your case, try to acees the resource first, just to not blame the software before you do every test

p.s: did you mentioned that you are a delphi programer, if set-it up with rejetto or anyone else want the translation "TO PORTUGUESE" of all menus, i have this here in a separated .txt file, if it serves to someone...
<<LeDuFe>>

me

in fact i've made some shell extensions to the Explorer in Delphi (yeah, drag and drop) and i had the same problem. So i think drag and drop from network is just a different case.
I haven't tried to map this first, it should work but that's not the point :)

btw i don't like translations of any program even in my own language, i'm used to english menus. :)

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
Quote from: "me"
btw i don't like translations of any program even in my own language, i'm used to english menus. :)

alright, it was just a try to make the hfs more friendly to the users from My country that don´t speak english, i can´t say for sure if i like or not any translation, but you must understand, i'm trying to make the hfs be used by more and more people, and to make a good presentation :-) ...
i guess you got my point here....

bu thanks any way...
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline ants

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
In HFS, try right clicking and select 'Add folder from disk...'