rejetto forum

strange occurrence....

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
so i have two computers running on a network.. my file server is running hfs 2.2a b124.  every hour at the same time... well with in 2-4 seconds i notice on the log that my main computer (the one i dont use as a file server) ip addy 192.168.1.101 has connected to the hfs server.  doesnt matter what port hfs runs on... i used to run port 7000 got the connection now im running port 80 still get the connection. heres another twist... i formatted my main computer two days ago... still get the "ping" or connection or what ever it is... every hour on the hour... i dunno... its no big deal.. but just strange..

thanks

tuskenraider
pfffssshhh i dont need a signature...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can use an utility like tcpview on the 192.168.1.100 to know what process opens that connection.

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks ill have a look!  its probably firefox or something silly...

tuskenraider

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
so its taken me a while to find out what the connection was but i finally did...  its system:4 and svchost.exe:1304 what ever that is.....   anyone have any ideas what this might be?

thanks

tuskenraider

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Svchost is the process that is responsible for networking in windows. Maybe someone else might know some more but thats all I know.