rejetto forum

NewSoftware HFS2Service

ledufe · 24 · 21536

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

If you want HFS to start at bootup, forget about that batch file, and from the HFS Menu --> select --> Start/Exit --> Run HFS when Windows starts.  Simple as that or am I misunderstanding your problem?
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, i know no method to control HFS while running as service.
but i know you can tell a service to run "under" a specific user, dont' know what this mean, but may be related to your problem.

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Services normally have no way to be 'brought to foreground'. As soon as HFS runs as service, it's invisible to the user. Most programs that run as a service and have a GUI consist of actually two parts: The service part, and a 'frontend' for the service. The only part of the program communicating with the user is the frontend part. The frontend then controls the service. This may be the case even if there is only one .exe, the service continues to run even if you close the frontend part (e. g. when you log out).

AFAIK there is no way to access the HFS GUI as long as it's running as a service. Of cource you could edit the HFS.INI directly and have a commandline switch in HFS to reload the settings/VFS, but you can't edit the filesystem. You have to restart as a normal program to do that.

The account or user a service runs under primarily deals with permissions (access to network shares etc.), it does not allow that user to access the GUI.

MarkV
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
file system editing is limited to just adding files/folders, since it can be done through the command line

Offline orph4824

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • BlackBox FileShare
Hello, been running HFS for awhile. I installed HFS as a service using a program called FireDaemon it lets you install most any program includeing console apps and run them as a windows service. I also run a full PHP/SQL setup yet I use HFS as my "front page".
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 06:34:46 PM by orph4824 »
Life's 3 rules: 1. Stuff happens 2. Stuff happens on a regular basis 3. Better get used to the first two... (not the actual saying but you get the drift)

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Leandro this is so good! Great work and thanks for being so dedicated... I will be using this because the PC that runs my HFS server is used for a few other experimental things and I always end up doing something stupid to close HFS and/or kill it.  Regardless of the reason people use this, thank you for all the time you spend.. great work.

I cant remote in from this domain (against AUP) but on my break I'll get it setup, thank you!

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Crap... I forgot to test it period. I went home, did some stuff and some other stuff and never used it.  My bad.  But I guess you know it works so it doesnt really matter.  I'm working crazy late tonight so I don't think I'll be testing it tonight and since its against the AUP to login remotely as I said, I guess I'll just do it tomorrow..

Once again LeDuFe, I think i love you..

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Esente

Regarding the software hfs2Service, I have a problem when starting HFS. My HFS folder is in a network drive, since I want to run in from other computers when needed. Whenever I run HFS, it will ask to make sure I want to run from network location. And that's why hfs2Servuce can's start HFS. Is there possible that your program can surpress the warning dialog, or choose Yes answer by default?

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
lol funny i got sucked in to this tread right now. Sorry Esente, personally i dont know, i use vista 64bit these days, and "never" restart.
Have you thought of maybie use hfs on a usb key..?
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND