rejetto forum

HFS + HSG

Offline GeeKLeeT

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello rejetto,

Firstly thank you for your awesome softwares, I found them 2 days ago and I've now my HFS and HSG servers running with my custom templates, etc...

But, I've just one little thing that isn't perfect:

- I've HFS + HSG running (different ports ofc), but at work/uni or whatever, there is often only the port 80 open. So I would like to have a link on my HFS page that show the screen from HSG but on the same port !
(send request to HFS server to load the screenshot from the HSG localhost URL, and then resend it with HFS throught port 80.)
I know it may be tricky but that would be soo much usefull to me..... (And btw, it would be very usefull if I can use my HFS server as a simple proxy for example.)

-Ooops, two requests in fact, I would like to know if it's possible to add the dual screen compatibility to HSG and that way I'll be able to see my two screens ;P)

If any one have any idea, please post them here I would be very thankfull :P
(I only know the PASCAL coding atm, and I'm learning to HTML with HFS, so try to be kinda explicit xD)

Thanks in advance

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
0. welcome! do you truly live in new caledonia?

1. atm there's no "standard" gate between HFS and HSG, but HFS 2.3 has scripting capabilities.
You can create a virtual folder "screen" in HFS, then right click, diff template, and enter this script (just guessing, not tested)

{.mime|image/jpeg.}
{.load|http://localhost:8000.}

2. at the moment i cannot find the time to work on HSG, sorry.
Anyway it is open source, and it's written in pascal :)

Offline GeeKLeeT

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
0. Yes I do xD That little french island of 250k ppl. (So f***ing beautifull btw :D )

1. Close ! Well, the browser says "The image "http://HFS_URL/screen/" can not be displayed because it contains errors."
But HSG is serving 127.0.0.1 :P Which is a very good begining ! :D Just need to adapt the code for it to show correctly the loaded pic... I hope I'll find a solution

2.Oh, okey.... Yeah I know it's in pascal and I'm trying to understand it, but you uses many units that I don't have in your " Uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, etc..."
Maybe I can find them on google I'll try...
Trying to understand your code is really cool and teach me many things for the pascal dev !

Thank you for your answers !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
0. i'll tell you in case i come to your county for my honeymoon :D

1. there must be some problems with the {.load.}
only part of the content is actually retrieved.
sadly these days i cannot do more because i have no working development enviroment, since my last hard disk change.
i'll let you know.

Offline GeeKLeeT

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you very much :D

I'll wait, I can't figure it out myself xD