So does this mean I can't use HFS anymore in the 284th century?  :D

i'll try to support that century ;)

Just put in a extra zero in every thing you do, and keep that UPS loaded  ;D
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
when in the Properties window ... the MANAGE USER ACCOUNTS button remains static when resizing the window.

fixed in next build

also.. every now and then the Properties tab gets overlayed by the 2nd tab and I have to click on a tab other than those two and then back on Properties to view the tab properly. I thought this was just a fluke at first but I have noticed it since build 215.

it's not clear to me. can you post a screen shot?

[ok... this was a video driver glitch.. not an HFS bug.. I hadnt at the time of posting been informed of the driver update]

also as a side note.. would like to suggest that on video.. and now I have found the anonymous access issue applies to mp3 files as well.... that the "ANONYMOUS" access flag ONLY applies to checked accounts on the properties page... also include that option per account in user management...

how can anonymous apply to accounts? i don't understand

[ok... the issue with setting a folder with video for private/restricted user access, is that it also prevents the DivX web player or any default media player with its own streaming function from accessing the folder... those do "anonymous" logins and the restricted access on a folder prevents that from happening]

as far as I can tell the anonymous flag applies across the board rather than just the approved accounts.. this is not secure.

anonymous is to give access to non-account visitors.

[cerberus ftp server has an option that allows an "authenticated" account to make anonymous logins so that the account user doesnt keep getting prompted to login behind the SSL layer... this appears to be the issue I am seeing when I use the restricted folder without setting it for anonymous... the FTP server does it based on the IP of the "logged in" account... as an exception rule as far as I can tell.]

you had this issue before in an older version... then it went away and now its back again.... something you changed in the code and how it translates the requests is preventing the players from resolving the HTTP/S restricted links correctly

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I got the same error, vista says that it has no memory.
There is no error log in ExceptionsLog.txt...how to enable it?

so, HFS is consuming all your RAM sometimes, or what?
the exceptionslog.txt is automatically generated by HFS with some kinds of error, no need to enable it.