rejetto forum

SEARCH ENGINE

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
  • Cthulhu fhtagn! Cthulhu fhtagn!!!
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
i very needed search form on my HFS server & i tryed install some search scripts on server pages... but it was very bad...
how i can organize file search on my HFS?

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
[NEW] if robots.txt does not exist, an option "don't be listed on search engines"
it is or not?
or where?? help me pls  :-[

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
[NEW] search for files
or it is...
...in the future... it will appear in HFS after many many months... maybe  :-\

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
[NEW] search for files
or it is...
...in the future... it will appear in HFS after many many months... maybe  :-\
It is this. I dont know how long until it is implemented but I get the idea that Rejetto is curently looking into it because he started a post asking for suggestions to do with a search feature.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i believe rejetto currently working on this. hopefully we can see this features in no time. let us support him and help him as much as we can

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
i believe that too, but rejetto have lot of other important jobs than it. :o

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
search is one of the most important things (talking about HFS)

it is or not? or where?? help me pls  :-[

what's in the to-do-list, is not there yet
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:05:19 PM by rejetto »

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone

Blue_Bios

Try using the search engine builder plus... I used the prog to index all of my files.. Set the index to only read titles and subtitles.. Then set the index to only read the first 4kb of each file.. Make sure you add any extra file types on the exception list.. I have like 500gigs of programs and e-books etc etc and my index file is only like 100kb... Let me explain how i did mine.. When you make the index it takes 3 little files and puts them in the OUTPUT folder under your programs directory. Make this output file a real folder under your HFS... But hide it then make it unlogged as well... Then create a hyperlink using the hyperlink tool and point the hyperlink to your search.html file under the OUTPUT folder. Then when the user clicks on this hyperlink it will take them to your search.html page. Type the info your looking for and whala!!! If you have any ????? le me know...

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone
i try Yandex.Server Free... and it was very routine to smoke that search server engine...
when rejetto will make special search engine for HFS it will be best for HFS!  ;)

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Then when the user clicks on this hyperlink it will take them to your search.html page. Type the info your looking for and whala!!! If you have any ????? le me know...
i cant imagine what happen next. after visitor serach and get the result, can they download from there?

Offline Comrade Elisey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Dubophone

Blue_Bios

Sorry guys for my english.. Im at work and i need to type fast... Yes when you build you search engine in search engine builder pro it will need 2 things... Where the file is located and its directory.. ex... D:\Programs\Limewire-pro.exe... This would be the file i want to index... So add .exe to the exceptions list in SEB pro.. Then to the right of the file location it says enter your website directory here.. so Since this file is under the programs directory it enter.. http://Http://192.168.1.1/Programs... So to answer your question.. when the user clicks on the search result it takes them straight to the file for download... This is a search engine and it works very well...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile