rejetto forum

New theme for forums

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Hey, I was wondering if there are ways to customized the forums to your own liking, sometimes there are several default themes, and since I'm spending a good deal of time on here now, I was hoping to personalise it a bit.

Or maybe, if the community wants, the forums could change themes completely, I was looking at a few of them and they are "pretty snazzy" :D

I know I know, I just talked about not wanting to change everything but this isnt HFS :|  What do others think, there are quite a few here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Rejetto, if you are remotely interested in the idea, what version of SMF are you running?

These look really professional, although i dont know if there is support for the stuff needed (such as other languages):
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=295
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=165
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=300

There are so many more but I have to make a run to fix some compudaraz

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When hfs will support  the php, it will be possible to use all the subjects proposed by the site

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php

never before

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hello Mars :)

This topic refers to the forum itself which is unrelated to HFS of course, sorry for my bad english again. (And its my first language haha!)

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I notice things way slower than people who think logically.. scratch my question about the SMF version Rejetto, my other questions remain of course :P

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have already discussed this with rejetto in the past, he doesn't like the other styles. And I don't see the problem with the current one... its clean, easy to use...

Anyway, out of the ones you suggested I can see rejetto's point. They aren't very nice at all.

When rejetto has some time, he is very busy lately, Giant Eagle and I might design a fresh theme. But for now, drop the idea, rejetto hasn't got the time for things like this.

As a student studying web design and the like, I would be honoured to make a forum template that captures the very essence of what we do here, Have changing title images for child boards, it would be very cool.

[AT MARS] HFS Terayon is a former forum php template (google phpBB Terayon). Giant Eagle converted it, PHP isn't all PHP, PHP is simply the server side scripting which isn't entirely necessary for HFS at this time anyway. All the data is given with template symbols, it is only the lack of client-host interactivity that is effected, its html and css that the page is displayed with for PHP.

So the answer is yes, even now, any of those php templates could be used its just a matter of converting them into a template.

I doubt you would be able to apply a SMF template to HFS lol, the variables and data would be quite different. Its all circumstantial.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:26:51 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The problem with other themes is that they are not supported by mods, and i installed a lot of'em.
Even if we find the perfect theme, we can't install it. I'm sorry.

This problem has nothing (or little) to do with images, it's only the html.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I completely agree there above; the structure PHP and the templates are too much taken away, thus instead of breaking itself the head to want to modify hfs to be able to imitate the other one web pages it is healthier to develop from the fact what offer hfs and to modify him according to needs, and it in a very precise odre otherwise our rejetto friend will not stop it developing for nothing ;D

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
fair enough, i'll lock this one since i apparently suck at suggestions :D