rejetto forum

HFS runs templates only on desktop directory

Offline aquaknox

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
What's up,

Ive noticed that the hfs program only runs the RAWR template extracted on the desktop. In other words if i make a folder on my desktop with the hfs180.exe and the extracted RAWR template , and import it in HTML editor it will not load the website and therefore shows a lot of text in a white background.

Ive seen a video of u on ur site showing that u can run the program from a usb stick. It is quite possible, but my problem is that when i try to load the template the site wont load as it should be. The only way i manage for it to work is by putting all the files (.exe) and templates on my desktop and runs it from there.

Im using hfs 180. exe and RAWR 0.09 template.

Is this normal or am i doing something wrong cause i can only make the templates to work by keeping all the files extracted on my desktop and i cannot put these files in a folder on another directory ( such as another partition/ my docs/ or in another folder on my desktop)- the site wil not load- i would like to put the files in another directory for loading

Thx in advance
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:23:27 AM by aquaknox »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The 'template' folder and 'RAWR-Template-X.X.X.tpl' must be extracted next to the hfs.exe. Import the template using the hfs template editor and the folder will be automatically added to the virtual file system. They must be together. I use a 'HFS' folder in 'My Documents' and have a shortcut on my desktop for the HFS executable.

Offline aquaknox

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey thanks for your reply,

Well i managed to fix the problem by editing the source of the template folder in hfs180.exe... Ive created a server folder and put it into my docs(all the files- hfs and template are put here-).

I used the html editor to import the template again, but it was still showing broken in the browser. After manually selecting the  template folder in hfs180.exe and editing the source to my docs- the site loaded perfectly again.

Cheers

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline mikaela73

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem aquaknox had and I'm a complete nub and have no idea how to do what he did to fix it.  Can some one spell it out for me please?

Offline raffdich

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem aquaknox had and I'm a complete nub and have no idea how to do what he did to fix it.  Can some one spell it out for me please?

try to delete in HFS (program) the folder "template" and load the template again
or right click on folder template (in HFS) -> "edit resource" and set the path to the template folder

Offline mikaela73

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I still can't get it to work. 

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:38:35 PM by mikaela73 »

Offline raffdich

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I still can't get it to work.  I've posted the link so you can see how it's loading up.

your link did not work.
make a screenshot.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:59:18 PM by raffdich »

Offline mikaela73

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sorry, my hard drive crashed and I had to go out of town for a week.  I've attached a screen shot.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
with the tpl come a folder named 'template', add it at / (home) into hfs as a real folder and give it the attribut 'hide all tree'.

then try to connect 127.0.0.1

Offline mikaela73

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Okay, I got it to work now.  Somehow my folders got all renamed.  Thanks for everyone's help!