rejetto forum

Translations

TSG · 122 · 117224

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yayy, yes I am happy that this much can be translated, quote rejetto "english is one of the shortest latin-germanic languages" so i am really happy we can get this far :)

All that is left now is Italian until further languages are submitted, I hope to get Spanish, Russian and Chinese aswell. Chinese will have the challenge of Charset but i think it will be fine with my charset variable. Spanish is about the same as english in length, just one special char, and Russian is just a charset thing too i think.

Italian is actually very well done, thanks to fabnos who is replying to my emails. Just have to expand the file information divs (the ones under the file name) and all should be good :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have added it.

Working on Italian, the biggest problem is Chiudi trasferimenti for Close Transfers, for now they will stay english. Just to say it is complete.

French complete :)

Italian complete :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:49:04 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol you cant keep changing it on me :P just tell me the update its easier for me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:51:26 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
huuh "Mitteilungsbrett" reminds me of "Mutterbrett" for "motherboard" :D but ok there is nothing better ...

i dont like the style of Datei(en) or file(s) - i would alwas use the plural if's not a sentence.
files: 1 or files: 0 and Dateien: 1 pleases me.

I confound "check if" with "checks if" so it should be
lv_checkButton=Überprüfe ob dieses Template auf dem neuesten Stand ist!

age = Alter or Dateidatum or Dateizeit?
or maybe you mean changed or created? this would be Geändert and Erstellt

where is the string "Okjekte" from - it's on the screenshot, but i can't find it in the language file?

i would vote for MarkV and/or parade to be also named in the language file if they want cause four or six eyes see more than two and sometimes i am not accessible and if there is a problem that should be solved they can react faster?!?

@parade: Entschuldige die Aussage über die Zielgruppe, hatte auch schon die Vermutung, dass sowas kommt und ich voll ins Fettnäpfchen trete :-)

"Los" dont please for as translation for "Go" but "Start" looks good. I also vote for "Hochladen" for "Upload files" like parade told.

translating "root directory" creates pain in my eyes ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:02:50 PM by ladiko »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol i'll fix it to Datein ok? I added MarkV aswell, all of my files are different to the forum ones now. I will post then in a zip here. Some of them had the strings in the comments translated, those are for me! owell they are all fixed to my liking now.

Here is an update on them if you want to review them, just remember that the strings are now at an acceptable length, i think the most challenging languages are over.

SilentPliz :P I will think on it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:00:31 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Correction for french translation: see attach .png
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:34:58 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
OK i'll get them when i wake up i need sleep lol.

bacter is doing the Spanish translation just so we dont double up.

<off-topic>
GE and I were just discussing a case of irony, with small work this template can look like Terayon and ToG  :-[ I am torn between pouring everything into one and having many themes, or updating terayon and tog seperately as usual... I didn't think it would come to this but it seems i have made this template into some kind of engine that can do anything!!!

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
lv_fileListingTitle=Zeigt eine Datei- und Ordner&#252; bersicht
shouldnt this be
lv_fileListingTitle=Zeigt eine Datei- und Ordner&#252;bersicht
?

when do you think to release rawr-0.0.0.3 ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:04:35 PM by ladiko »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I guess the really correct translation can only be done once we have the template and see it in context.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Not necessarily, I've posted a screenshot of each language. The translations are good atm.

I'll update your things ladiko. I will be releasing when the next build of hfs comes out.

Spanish Complete!

Russian and Chinese and any others to go.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:11:52 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

GNAGE

Regards Christopher, excuse for my English... here to you Russian transfer, look that it came out.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Thankyou for your help.

There is a few strings that will need to be shortened or left English -
lv_transfers=(can this be shortened to a single word? "transfers" maybe)
lv_upload=(can this be shortened to a single word? "upload" maybe)
lv_check=(can this be shortened to a single word? "updates" maybe)
lv_openTransfers=(can this be shortened to a single word? "transfers" maybe)
lv_closeTransfers=(if there isn't a shorter i will leave the English version, this is only seen by non-js users)

Can you provide a shorter string value for the statistic module values. If not in iso it is still decent.

It seems that Russian can be displayed as UTF-8 if the language file is written and saved properly... For some reason it is in strange characters. Take a look at this russian site that uses both under UTF-8 http://g8russia.ru/ and try to give me a language.txt file that will work in this way. Maybe submit the .txt as a UTF-8. In notepad you can save as then select the character encoding, cause i am certain that if the russian characters are displayed correctly in notepad, they'll be fine with UTF-8.

I used my browser as a converter to convert the text to true chars, and this is what i ended up with displaying UTF-8, can you confirm my 3rd screenshot is correct characters?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:44:26 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »