• View Profile
    • Admin
where are u from everettt?
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline everettt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Boston Area
I tried w g e t FTP option with FileZilla. After some tweaking of FileZilla I was able to get some good performance but not as good as with HTTP in HFS, assuming the hang can be resolved.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Nice :-* ..i was more thinking of the cyberspace aspect do  ;D ;D ;D
Cool brother (brofistemoj)
You are in to it, i like it, respect my man 8)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi everettt, sorry for the late reply.
I made a few experiments, using w-get for windows 1.8.2 that i had, and i also experienced problems going over 8000k. 9000k is like having no limit.
Then i updated to 1.19.2 and the problem was gone.
So, i invite you, for a start, to check your version and possibly update.

I've experienced some problems going with very high speeds, anyway.
If the speed is very high, the GUI stops responding while the download is going, like the CPU is totally dedicated to the transfer. That's bad, but not fatal.
Sadly HFS stops responding to requests after some transfers like that. I've found that quitting is not necessary, just switch off/on.

I suspect the exact procedure for the problem is to make a request while HFS is totally hang for another transfer. The problem doesn't occur if the new request comes after the "heavy" one is done.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:16:22 PM by rejetto »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline everettt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Any progress on this topic? I am currently running with a rate limited wget command "wget -r -nH -l1 --no-verbose --no-parent --limit-rate=8000k" to avoid the hang. Using FileZilla I get much better performance without the hang but using HFS would be my preference.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Any progress on this topic? I am currently running with a rate limited wget command "wget -r -nH -l1 --no-verbose --no-parent --limit-rate=8000k" to avoid the hang. Using FileZilla I get much better performance without the hang but using HFS would be my preference.

I will probably use a fresh download VM of them :
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/03/31/no-cost-rhel-developer-subscription-now-available/

And do what test via the vitural to my personal PC.

Will be using :
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5.0

And will share the where version and test at a later time/date

--- have the VMready, and hit my issues last tie when testing(i don't have that high of content to download and test i have done are working curenlty. id still susupect a update issues

maybee update your wget:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSUFR9_2.1.1/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.zcap_sol.2.1.1.doc/t_zcap_sol_redhat_utilities.html

Code: [Select]
sudo yum whatprovides /usr/bin/wget
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:39:03 AM by bmartino1 »
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

did you update wget as suggested in my last post?

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
yea as long as we dont do https, i think we contribute to the enviroment. gung-hoo. Money. Fake news. Armagedddon
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND