rejetto forum

File Sizes and HFS

Offline jshollis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can anyone discuss on what files sizes HFS is really suited for?  Some of my recipients indicate that some file sizes just time out when trying to download them via the web.

Jerry

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if HFS is serving a file (not receiving it via the "upload form"), than it has actually no limit.
but the program your recipients are using (the browser, or a downloader) may have limits.
so, it depends on the latter!

Offline mpgrimes

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
IM having a similar issue, Im using it to download movies from my computer to my PS3, but am having issues with one movie. the file size shouldnt be an issue, because ive transfered one larger and smaller with no issues. but when i save file on the troubled one, it just hangs, then time out, ive changed filename length, and made sure there are no unusual characters in it. but still no go. i tried another HFS program, this file transferes with it, but its real slow (1.5 MB/sec) but with your HFS i was getting over 13 MB/sec(Gigabit connection) so i would much rather use yours.

any ideas?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what's the size of your file?

can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Offline mpgrimes

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
the file size is anywhere from 2 to 7 GB. there really isnt anything to take a screenshot of. its just slow compared to other web based file sharing ive tried, but i like your product better so i want to use it.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you said you have problems with just "one" movie, so i don't see how could the size vary. :-\

Dave^

IM having a similar issue, Im using it to download movies from my computer to my PS3, but am having issues with one movie. the file size shouldnt be an issue, because ive transfered one larger and smaller with no issues. but when i save file on the troubled one, it just hangs, then time out, ive changed filename length, and made sure there are no unusual characters in it. but still no go. i tried another HFS program, this file transferes with it, but its real slow (1.5 MB/sec) but with your HFS i was getting over 13 MB/sec(Gigabit connection) so i would much rather use yours.

any ideas?

are you sure that you're PS3 hdd is not full?

Offline mpgrimes

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
sry, i was having an issue with just one file on someone elses software, thats why i like yours, it worked great with the file. the ONLY problem i have with your software is the transfer speeds, only 3.5 megs a second over gigabit, and hitting 12 megs a sec on the other software, other than that, no issues with your software.

and no. hdd is not full.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i guess you are using current offical version (2.2f).
you can try this modification of it
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6662.msg1042023#msg1042023
or upgrade to the latest 2.3 beta