rejetto forum

i'm trying to create an "open" username option..

Guest · 9 · 3341

tahtonim

first - i want to appologize for my poor English.. i'm from Israel.
now, for my question:
I know how to create an encoded folder that requires a username and pass.
the thing is.. i also have a general folder (for pictures and such) that i want all users to watch. i didn't encode this folder so anyone can have accsess. but i still want to know WHO is wondering arround in my site..
is there a way of creating an "open" username dialog for people just to enter their Username (even with a pre-defined password) ?

thanks a lot for your time :-)

Anonymous

Anonymous

could you set a user and pass as 'user' and 'password'. Tell users somehow this is what to do and then they can log on and their ip is recorded.

tahtonim

maybe i'll explain myself better:

i want one section of my site to be open to all users.
the thing is, i still want to know WHO this user is.
so i want to create a user that only checks one of the 'username' or 'password' fields.

in that case - i can tell everyone that tha password is 'pass' but that they have to write their names in the 'username' tab in order to login.

in that case - both of these users will manage to log in:

name: john
pass: pass

and

name: doe
pass: pass

and i'll see in my HFS logs that john and doe entered this section of my site.

get it?

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
you can develop a javascript form to access the section(folder) and inside this script, you define the user only will pass if they provide a simple name
with no pass at all unless you want a password too...(i guess it is easy to do this...) but i will try when i got some time to spare...

the the java script could save inside a txt or a raw file(text inside) with the login suplied and the time it has benn loged you could look at the time and the ip of that access in the hfs log...
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
Wouldn't waste my time on that.

You'll probably get a lot of Jane or John Does or Mickey Mouses or Betty Boops from different IP's or anonymous proxies ... and you still don't know WHO is really on your site.
_______
~GeeS~
~GeeS~

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "ledufe"
the the java script could save inside a txt or a raw file(text inside) with the login suplied and the time it has benn loged you could look at the time and the ip of that access in the hfs log...

javascript is client side, it can't access HFS log.

anyway, HFS 2.0 accept any inexistant username, with any password.
and that username in the logs, appears, so i think this is the solution for you.
this thing should not work in 2.1, be warned.