rejetto forum

HFS on forwarded domain: Unauthorized

Offline piersonj

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm trying to use HFS to point one of my incomplete web page's subdomains (http://fs.kinix.net) to an address that's being used as a semi-permanent file storage utility. There are different folders for different authentications of users, therefore there is a login/user system involved. However, when I try to login with the forwarded domain, I'm instantly told that I'm unauthorized to log in, whereas if I try to log in with the IP address of the host file server, there aren't any problems logging in. Is there something I need to do in particular with the forwarding of this particular subdomain, or is this asking the impossible out of the software?

If it matters, I'm running the file server on Windows 7 Ultimate, x64. It's an old machine I had kicking around, and something I've been unable to touch, as it's as home and I'm off at school. I'd much rather run it on Linux or the like, but this is a workaround solution until I ship home. If it works alright, I'll continue to use it.

Offline crazyboris

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
its the same for me.
i do like this.

1 . put your mouse on the loginbutton and copy the adress.
2 . now open a new window and paste the adress into that window and it will work.

but i only get this using chrome.

Offline piersonj

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Huh, you're right! That's a little odd, but it is what it is. I'll just stick with my worse solution for now, and leave it as a 302 so Chrome can understand what's going on.
Many thanks!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS is know to make no difference on the ip/domain. The information is carried inside a field that it doesn't even look at.