rejetto forum

File name of imported template

parade · 9 · 3136

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is HFS able to show the file-name of the imported template?
I browsed the menue and maybe I'm blind but all I can find is "Customzed template" in the bottom line.

Greetings
parade

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Its a good idea. But HFS reads from a file called hfs.tpl. This will one day allow dynamic editing with external programs and the ability to install templates which will be great.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
In the to-do-list is the option #use..path/name.tpl , so wie will have a name, that can then be included IN the template if there is a need for it. See:

Examples:  #use /sys/bigimage.tpl                     (for full or partial template)
                  #use /sys/templates/snd%user%.tpl  (should exist: snd.tpl (for @anonymous) as sndusername.tpl for each user with access rights to the folder, or even it would be possible search first for sndusername.tpl, and if it doesn't exist, use snd.tpl

yes, this would fit both needs...
in to-do

your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there is no file name.
when you import it, it is copied to the internal memory reserved for the template.
there is only one memory/template.

bacter, i guess this feature will be a macro :) and i think i can do it in 1 minute. (that's why i was enthusiast for macros)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I suggest to place at the head of your template

<!--  this template is named:     NAME OF TEMPLATE -->
<HTML .....

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Does he just mean the name of the template, or was he saying he wants to show the Filename that HFS is currently using.  I have looked for this before when I had multiple copies of something and just a "Copy of %originalfile%" and I wasnt sure which files was being used, and some times screwed up my custom settings.  Assuming thats what he meant, ignore this, if not, could this be added easily?

So it would be like: HTML Template - myfilename.tpl

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Does he just mean the name of the template, or was he saying he wants to show the Filename that HFS is currently using.

It is the filename, that I mean.
I was looking for it because at some point of editing I didn't know which template-filename I actually was using in HFS.
When I started the thread I just had forgotten, that HFS actually loads HFS.TPL.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the comment solution is not bad
and from next build you could just have a single line in the template
{{load|myTemplate1.tpl}}

so you won't go mad

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol i'll be sure to add this before i release, don't want users going insane on me.

brb gotta let the Thunderchicken out of its hutch for a bit. *getting Foggy to beta test tonight hehe*