rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 243997

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Project taken on by RAWR-Designs.

Live 2, updates and future Live-related projects has been suspended until I finish my thesis. Sorry for unattend your requests. Greetings, Alvaro.

All Live 2 Editions                                  Comparing Main page

Comparing Upload Page                      Comparing Status Page

Download
All versions are available here:
http://cid-6d400408270f1ccf.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Live    (via Windows Live Skydrive)
http://www.box.net/shared/sylkcotk48   (Mirror Box.net)

Check this first post to download new updates.
Blue Ultima versions updated on 19.07.07
Live 2.104 Images are hosted by photobucket. Live 2 CSS and JS hosted by Geocities.
Live 2.205 Images are hosted in 3g0n and sokoolz server, also you can se Live 2 Local to use your HFS as Live 2 Contents provider

If you have problems accessing Live 2 remote files download Live 2 Local.
Unzip it and add the "hfslive" directory into the root of your hfs.

Project taken on by RAWR-Designs.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:22:47 PM by Mars »

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Log:
18.10.08 Added Windows Skydrive as main server.
01.12.07 Project Suspended
29.07.07 USER SUBMITED: ITALIAN Live Ultima Blue 2.205 (by fabnos) added to first post and Live Update Server.
20.07.07 Live 2.205 Ultima Blue released, %new% problem has been patched
19.07.07 Live 2.204 Ultima Blue released
[Added]
Ability to Choice a Live 2 Web Server
[Added] Live 2 Local, your HFS provides Live 2 files
[Added] Live Stream, Listen your MP3's without download them in a new window.
[Added] (from beta to release) Live Stream direct jump to song directory and direct download (can be disabled if you want)
[Added] MSS for WMA and MP3 for audio stream through Windows Media
[Added] More Icons!
[Added] Browseable tree
[Added] Windows Live Mobile Shortcut for PSP users
[Fixed] PSP Support!! Live will detect your PSP system and will display for it withou entering to delete nothing on the code.
[Fixed] Icon replace, 100% stable.
[Fixed] Minor graphical glitches in Live Menu
[Changed] Some icons and exported in png insted of gif
[Changed] Live Menu items resorte, Search In google and Wikipeadia was removed, changed to Check my Gmail and Live Hotmail
17.04.07 Begins the works in new servers (including HFS) and implementation of mp3 streamer
16.04.07 Finally Live 2 (All editions) Open to public, enjoy!. Update change Logs will show here.

Other msgs:
- In PSPs Live 2 (All versions) have a little graphical glitch in the top image. It’s queued for Basic updates.
- In PSPs (All versions) some JS doesn't work (show/hide things) because a partially implemented CSS in all the PSP, this can't be solved by me is just a warning.
- In firefox (Ultima versions) when click in send url to a friend and go to another page the send url window disappears, this is a problem between CSS and JS, queued for next update.
- In all browsers (All versions) when sending very small files (kilos or bytes) Live upload never changes (or takes more than the usual.
Before cancelling check if the file was uploaded (by browsing in Live) if so, close the Upload window. I can't see an explanation.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:34:48 AM by chrno »

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
:|

I'll check this one out for sure ^^

(and maybe steal some of the contents ;D)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
chrno,

You were very professional in the presentation of your "Live 2" in this thread.  Good Job!  I'll have to take a look at your new template.  :)

Thanks.
maverick

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I've taken a quick look at it and there are some things to point out:

You are using Photobucket to store all your images.. why? Isn't that part of having a file server? so that you have to host your own template 'resources'? The main reason i want a file server of my own, is that i want to be independant from other services. But if i want to use your template, i still have to worry if Photobucket doesnt notice the 1000+ users that will continue download images from their website, resulting in  file deletion so that my website will soon be text-only >_<

Another thing that got my attention.. You are importing everything to javascript, javascript examines the extension and then outputs the right content.. Surely, this won't run good with 100+ files on a slow machine (havent tested, blame me if it does run good ^^). Why dont you simply make use of the [file.ext], it uses less bandwith, less code and most important: almost no CPU on the client side.

Anyway, i hope you will use this information for the good, cause the Live template really is a very nice, well designed template :) You should be proud of it

Offline day

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The template is damn great!
However, I have to agree with Giant Eagle for the method of storing the images...
Some people have slow connections with Photobucket...like me :'(

traxxus

ähm, if i want to import te tempalte, i got  an blank screen, no html code...  ??? ???

i have HFS build 092

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Looks nice as usual, but why do you use javascript to differentiate between file types when u can just use the 'new', i quote cause its been around for a few builds now, [file.ext = file.ext etc...] feature that i got rejetto to add??? and i also agree with Giant Eagle that hosting your images on photobucket will not go down well when they delete your files rofl

Also i have to say, you present your templates very well on the forum. I just don't have the time to post up the ToG like that! its very impressive :D I'm too busy making stuff for my university projects.

Do you want me to update the HFS live download info in Share Templates?? If so just send me the data u need me to input, i'll also update my database with your templates.

Traxxus, he probably exported with a build before 86... i had this problem aswell. If not, its something else, just copy/paste from notepad.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:06:47 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I used an external server (for the photos) for many reasons: the first one is to not use you own server bandwidth, I thought closely in low- bandwidth users and every kilo for them is usefull so they should don't carry about wasting bandwitdh with just some "nice" images. The second reason is related with the cache, for some reason when using images in the img folder (using HFS) the photos always reloads when jumping from page to page, this is really annoying and wastes bandwidth. The third reason is to speed-up the first load. Insted of waiting just for one server to send all the data, two servers simultaneously sends all the data in the half of time. The fourth reason is to make Live easier to install, instead of adding special folders and hidding them, is annoying when HFS restarts and you forgot to save your folders, the result is predictible.

So those was the four reasons why Live uses externals servers to the IMAGES, CSS AND JS. I choose photobucket and geocities because were free and fast alternatives, remember this is a free project so i can't pay for a server for you guys.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:22:01 PM by chrno »

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Stevens! where can i see the 'new' file.ext . I've not to much time to browse through the forum and see all the HFS Changes.

For all those who have slow connections with photobucket, chillout, wait until the first load is complete and that's all Live doesn't need to load the images again (unless you press reload or refresh)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:21:23 PM by chrno »

3g0n

hey! could you give me the images cuz i want to upload them to my faster server.

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey thanks, before I send you can you tell me some details of your server.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:14:33 PM by chrno »

Turbo Donkey

ähm, if i want to import te tempalte, i got  an blank screen, no html code...  ??? ???

i have HFS build 092

Same here 2.1d (088)

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
check if your using UNICODE.
Open in the template in notepad, if html code appears re-save as ANSII.
Any one have the same problem?

3g0n

Hey thanks, before I send you can you tell me some details of your server.

Sure, but i can change the code too so you dont have to work with it. but its http://php-3g0n.fw.hu
its only for the images i have use it for a long time :-) and please accept my msn invite:)