rejetto forum

IDM and IDA

rxs2k5 · 11 · 13365

Offline rxs2k5

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
rejetto hi there,

have u tested on these download managers yet, IDA ( internet download accelerator ) and IDM ( internet download manager ). IDA is one of the coolest download manager which downloads faster than any other download managers except for one thing its has a bit problem dealing with ftp, since HFS runs on http:// then it will not have a problem right ???

rxs2k5

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i never heard of'em until now
i had a look and saw no free version, for both...so, not interested

anyway, talking about software, the only reason i'm using DAP is because it can download the same file from multiple servers

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
i had a look and saw no free version, for both...so, not interested
Go here:

Internet Download Accelerator -> http://www.westbyte.com/ida/

Internet Download Manager -> http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, i had a look..........

ida
You may use this program non-commercial purposes during 30 days. After that you should register your copy of IDA or stop the usage of the Software and uninstall it.

idm
Note that you should stop using (uninstall) the trial version after 30 day trial period! If you want to continue using IDM, you must register to get full-featured IDM version.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I don't understand your reasoning.  For "testing purposes",  to see how some of these "commonly used" programs interact with HFS, there is absolutely nothing wrong in using a 30 day trial version of any program.  30 days gives you more than enough time to see how these programs work with HFS which can reveal possible bugs in HFS.   I would think that is part of a beta-testing process.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i was just talking about testing it as useful software, that's why i moved this topic to the everything forum ;)

i'm not interested in testing HFS compatibility with a DLmanager until someone says there is a problem with it.
it would require too much time for me in personally testing any software.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
i'm not interested in testing HFS compatibility with a DLmanager until someone says there is a problem with it.
it would require too much time for me in personally testing any software.
I agree, and that's not what I was suggesting that you do. In a general statement, all that I was trying to say is that there is nothing wrong in using a 30 day trial version of a software for testing purposes (problem solving).  I wasn't talking about the specific programs mentioned in this thread.

From your comments it appears that you will only try other software if it is free and aren't interested with trialware.  Let's hope that a problem isn't found with software where there was no free version available.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "maverick"
there is nothing wrong in using a 30 day trial version of a software for testing purposes (problem solving).
sure

From your comments it appears that you will only try other software if it is free and aren't interested with trialware.
this is true wherever i know a good free software as alternative.
and this is true for download managers.

let all software have same quality, i will prefer in order
1. open source
2. free of charge
3. trial/shareware

of course it is not true all software have same quality

GeeS

let all software have same quality, i will prefer in order
1. open source
2. free of charge
3. trial/shareware
Some more criteria to consider:

0a. does not make entries in the Win registry
0b. does not call home or approach sites without my knowledge and explicit permission
1. - 3. agree

jack_2000

DLmanager ?
I use Flashget+Flashgot for FF
and it has been runing great :)
no hick-ups no nothing ....

Offline shell

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shellex.cn
I use Thunder+Flashgot for FF
Thunder can also download files from different servers in a high speed.