rejetto forum

give password to a single file (not in a folder)

Offline puzzlebs

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HI you all.
I tried to find the answer of my (maybe stupid) question but with the "search option" and browsing one by one 3d i haven't found.the question is:
i want to give one single file (not a folder) so I drag&drop it in the hfs window but i also want that this file is protected by an ID and password.how to do it?
I don't want to create a folder just for it and move it in it then bring it back.i'm just curious to know if the password protection is possible not only with folders
thank you in advance
Paolo

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
sure you can, it is just the same, maybe you overlooked

HFS manages files, virtual-folders, real-folders, links
only links cannot be protected directly (because they are external)

Offline puzzlebs

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
but how to do it?i drag the file and he doesn't ask me if i want to create a virtual folder or not.and from the menu i can't find a menu that allow me this (either "limit" menu or "virtual file system" that can be inplied in it).so can u just lead me in this operation?
Paolo

P.S. allora io apro hfs trascino nella finestra il file che mi interessa (.avi se può esser utile saperlo) e a quel punto mi compare solo l'url nella barra sopra ma non mi compare nessuna finestra che mi fa scegliere se considerarlo virtuale o no e eventualmente proteggerlo con password.io la protezione con password la impostavo da li.ma con singolo file come faccio?se vuoi spostami il thread nel forum italiano o copialo se pensi possa esser utile anche a altri.grazie infinite

P.S. is only with me or the option "search" seems not to work properly and i don't get any result?
sorry i'm a beginner!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "puzzlebs"
P.S. allora io apro hfs trascino nella finestra il file che mi interessa (.avi se può esser utile saperlo) e a quel punto mi compare solo l'url nella barra sopra ma non mi compare nessuna finestra che mi fa scegliere se considerarlo virtuale o no e eventualmente proteggerlo con password. io la protezione con password la impostavo da li.
in HFS non ci sono + tipi di file, diciamo che sono tutti non-virtuali, perciò è normale che non ti chieda niente.
poi, per quanto ne so io, HFS non ti chiede se vuoi proteggere le cartelle con la password, e chiaramente non te lo chiede nemmeno per i file, mi sa che ti ricordi male. ;)
per impostare una password basta che fai click col tasto destro, c'è il comando "set user/pass".
quando ti serve una funzionalità, cercala o nel menù principale o col click destro. vedrai che trovi quasi tutto.

P.S. is only with me or the option "search" seems not to work properly and i don't get any result? sorry i'm a beginner!
it's about the forum search? yes, i noticed too, it is uneasy to get results, maybe the data it uses has been fucked up. don't know.

Offline puzzlebs

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thank u rejetto so when i drag a file i will do right-click and set user/pass.i think i was mistaking sayin that i set user/pass in the pop-up window that appears when i add a folder.maybe i was setting password with right button menu.i think i was remembering incorrectly.i post here the translation of your answer it might be usefull of other user.
thank you again (grazie ancora)
Paolo