rejetto forum

Active Directory Integration

Offline OESGroup

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Apologies if this is a question that has already been asked or functionality that is on the wishlist!  I have carried out a search and not found a great deal regarding the subject.

We would like for the HFS software to integrate with Active Directory.  The problem is we have a single login and password used by a number of people.  Occasionally we need to change the password which results in us having to email all of the people with the new password.  If the software used Active Directory we would be able to disable an account and not have to worry about them being able to access HFS.

Rejetto, this is something we would consider a reasonable donation if bespoke programming was required.

Gary

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The active directory integration is already in the to-do list since years.
Probably the biggest problem is that i have no active directory (neither at home or office), so i would not know how to test. I barely know what an AD is, never faced it
The other problem is that there is little interest around it.

Your offer for a retribution may solve the second problem but hardly the first. You may have an advice on this point.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Why don't you just have someone who does have Active Directory (like me!) to test it for you?

Offline OESGroup

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
In fairness it may be difficult to write the code and not be able to test through the development cycle.  However, it looks like there is not a shortage of people who would like to see the AD integration...

Rejetto: we would also be prepared to do some testing further down the development.