rejetto forum

not browsable, then hidden ?

rejetto · 20 · 5500

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes rejetto, i dont think u need to change anything. i dont like the browsable so i dont use it, i use hidden. but someone else might like to use it. eventhough new user might be little confuse on the browsable, why it should show if cant access - finally i think they will just use hidden. so no prob at all
thanks for ur care

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think we should leave things as they are. What if you want a browsable folder inside a not browsable one. Then you should at least see this subfolder (At the moment you see error). Why not simply show an empty listing with the text <folder listing disabled>? In this case, even the Upload button would stay accessible.

You could integrate an 'internal' folder diff template to accomplish this.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Well now.. >_> didn't this thread flare up... http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4735.msg1026224#msg1026224

That link above, is a post where fabnos came across a folder a small time ago while testing on my server.

I have made the ToG folder on my server 'non-browseable' because it has a lot of top secret files in it at this time :o.

He found that the folder APPEARED to be accessible, but when he clicked on the link HFS fed back the [deny] page, read his post and you will see how it went down.

A solution, i cannot suggest...

I like the fact it feeds back Access Denied. BUT i also don't like the fact the resource appears accessible but isn't, quite a quandary isn't it.

Do we make Browseable continue to do what it currently does? do we make it hide the folder? or do we do some other unforeseen solution.... personally, i'd prefer it to appear locked and when you click on the link, it feeds back the Access Denied page, unlike a protected resource that feeds back Unauthorised.

I hope this helps in some way..

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'd prefer it to appear locked and when you click on the link, it feeds back the Access Denied page, unlike a protected resource that feeds back Unauthorised.

I agree with TSG because you can always select to hide it.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

I agree with radd - "i dont think u need to change anything".

I agree with MarkV - "I think we should leave things as they are".

I agree with rejetto - "we can just leave things as they are".

Everything is working just fine.  No sense fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed.
maverick