rejetto forum

Connection Limits

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Can HFS limit the amount of different IP addresses that enter the server at one time?

I thought the max connection setting in limits would do it, but it doesn't.  It doesn't seem to be working right.

The other day my HFS server had 128 connections that I noticed when I looked and I don't know how many different IP's were on in total at one time but there were quite a lot.  My log was huge.  I tried to limit the amount of different IP's entering my server  to 5 by using the max connection setting in limits.  That setting didn't work right as it seemed to limit that 5 as if it was a max connection limit from a single IP address which is the other setting in limits.

Rejetto, can you give me an idea how this is supposed to work or is this a bug?

Tested with HFS v2.0 beta 20 and 21 --> same result :?:

maverick
maverick

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi!

If one has finished uploading/downloading he is still connacted if you don't kill idle connections but i think he won't count into max conn. limit. Is it possible that this is the problem whate u r talking about?

TGeRi

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TGeRi"
Is it possible that this is the problem whate u r talking about?
No, that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about how to allow only so many people (different IP addresses) on the server at the same time.    If I want only 5 people (5 different IP addresses) access to my server at one time,  how do I set that limit?

maverick
maverick

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I sat down and watched what was going on with the server with a number of people online.  I played around with my connection settings while they were online and got it running much better than before.

Rejetto do you have any hints for us as to how to set the max connection limits up properly or is it just trial and error?

It still would be nice if there was a way to limit the total number of IP addresses that can access the HFS server at one time.  (I'm not talking about the maximum connections per IP address).

maverick
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If I want only 5 people (5 different IP addresses) access to my server at one time, how do I set that limit?
you can't, currently. there's no such feature. but it sounds interesting.