rejetto forum

HFS 2.3 beta (179) + Firefox 2.0.0.12

Guest · 2 · 2747

Jobas

Hi,

Im a bit unsure of what forum to put this in so i put it here, feel free to move it if im way off.

A friend has a weird problem that i dont seem to be able to get any right side on. He is one of these "old" school people and plays a lot of Anarchy Online, one don't if to be sorry for him or what but i guess once their graphics engine is updated it might be worth to join him... ;) anyhow... that was not the problem but this is;

Whenever he downloads with Firefox 2.0.0.12 whether it be that he is in AO or doing something else that involves connections that are always up (persistant?) at the very end of the file (archive of a folder usually ~350MB) the CPU usage spikes at 100% and both connections drop resulting in a "unfinished" .tar.part1 (rename and it works) file and disconnect from all other connections (persistant?) even the other connections that are running towards my HFS. If he uses Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 there is no connection drop at all.

Im pretty sure this is'nt a problem in HFS directly that is causing this problem but something in FF in conjunction with how HFS drops the connection or something in that direction. Anyone that have encounterd a similar problem or can have any idee of what it is?

Yours, TarX

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
never heard of such problem.
1. So, is it firefox going at 100% and dropping ?
2. try enabling log menu -> log what -> disconnections, and get more info about the disconnection (it will always tell "by server", if it is the server to disconnect)
3. he could disable all plugins and see if it persists.