rejetto forum

white screen

Guest · 23 · 8977

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

jake58

The problem with that is most people use IE. Also, my website pages are done in dreamweaver. It looks good in firefox but in IE it looks like crap. I have blue lines showing up in place I can't even edit out on the editor. Crazy stuff. I wish those bastards would do some compatibility checking. I have to look for a new editor now since dw8 isn't going to cut it. There is no reason for such inconsistencies between browsers.

The only thing I can think of is IE doesn't handle java well?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 06:29:36 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

jake58

Correction in above post. Meant to say website looks good in ie but looks like crap in firefox.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You started posting that you use the standard template.. later you say that the pages of your site are done in dreamweaver.

Does your site work ok with a standard template? (try a clean install after asving your work)

If your pages created with dreamwaver include some special functions  for example style - filters, keep present that IE7 and firefox don't support the same functions and when, often not in the same way.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

jake58

I created a page with just the link to hfs and put it on the web server. Called it up and it acted the same as my server web page.  It is apparntly nothing with the web page coding.

jake58

Is there anything special about the default template like activex or java?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Is there anything special about the default template like activex or java?

The default template doesn't contain any of that stuff.  Run the default template.  You can select it from the template editor.  If it works ok the problem is with the template or html you are using.
maverick

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
jake58:

Try to see where the problem is with some sistematic tests. Do first what Maverik says: run just the standard template, this does not use any java-script nor has special browser requirements.

If the standard template works, check the java-script sintax of your template. I have seen sometimes that smaller errors in firefox don't produce disastrous effects - all seems fine, but IE just shows a blank page!

your computer has no brain - use your own !