rejetto forum

download complete folders?!

Guest · 8 · 5333

megabug

Hi,

is it possible to download complete folders with one click? for example a folder with many pictures in it or something else. ;)

thanks.

Anonymous

No.  If you want someone to download all of the contents of one folder, archive the files first then they could download the one archive containing all of the files.

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
or one can use a dlmanager to dl all files. for example getright or any other.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TGeRi"
or one can use a dlmanager to dl all files. for example getright or any other.
Yes one could use a download manager, but it would depend on how the server is configured.  In my case I don't allow the use of download managers as those users are taking all of the available bandwidth away from others who are also trying to download at the same time.  With a limited amount of server upload bandwidth, you have to try and share it equally to all who are trying to enjoy your server at the same time.

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
using download managers doesn't mean that your downloading in multiple connections at a time.

For example getright uses only one thread for default.

Anonymous

using download managers doesn't mean that your downloading in multiple connections at a time.
I disagree.  Every download manager I have used and seen in action on my server use multiple connections.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I disagree.  Every download manager I have used and seen in action on my server use multiple connections.
a good download manager, when trying to open 2 connections, and being rejected on one, won't stop but will continue downloading using the other