rejetto forum

Live 3 With Delete, Rename, New Folder, and Change User Pass

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I myself may work on individual delete and rename buttons.  I thought of adding them directly under each file/folder name.

It sounds good, but what if you have to delete multiple files? I know checkboxes + buttons are not the best in terms of beauty, but they do the job  ;D

I however thank again you and French Can Can for your programming, i'm not a programmer so can i only modify the code written by other to suit my needs  ;D

Now i'm gonna try the latest release by FCC  :P

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'll try to work on FRENCH CAN CAN's code to make it look better, but like everything else of his I've downloaded it's not coded properly.  There are lots of errors.  You can't even move the checkboxes.  I don't know what's wrong. ???

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Uhm, just installed FCC mod (translated in Italian). Doesn't look so horrible, does it?  ???

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yeah.  It looks horrible.  I'm working on it right now as we speak.  I have it looking GREAT, but it doesn't work. :P  It figures.  FRENCH CAN CAN can make it work, but it looks horrible and I can make it look wonderful but it doesn't work! :-[

EDIT:  I don't understand.  No matter how I edit FRENCH CAN CAN's template, NOTHING HAPPENS!!!  I even deleted all the checkboxes in the template and they're all still there! >:( I'm getting pissed off.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:56:55 AM by Sapphirescales »

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I have it looking GREAT, but it doesn't work. :P

What doesn't work? Would you like to pass me your template? I can mess up everything to make it work, lol!  ;D

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It doesn't do anything when you press the delete button.  I've got the checkboxes and everything looking mighty fine, but they just don't function. 

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It doesn't do anything when you press the delete button.  I've got the checkboxes and everything looking mighty fine, but they just don't function. 
If you create a folder and you want to delete immediately from checkboxes not good, maybe a macro goes in the conflict, go back and you can delete, you should see for what reason but it certainly depends on how you created your macro. ???

On RAWR I have given the same macro model (live) and it works. 8)

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've got everything working now and I've styled the checkboxes to better fit the Live 3 Black template.  Unfortunately I'm linking to about 5 more files including new .css style sheets and .js files.  It's just becoming too complicated to release without releasing the whole thing.  The delete button in my old template looks the same but now pressing it will delete all selected items.  I've also changed the "change password" hover element into just a button as well.  Here's a snapshot of how it's going so far:

I'm trying to move the check box up a bit, but it's not going too well so far.  I'm going to try to edit some of the Javascript elements and see if that does anything............

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Looks good! Now i understand what you mean when you say "horrible": for you is horrible whatever doesn't look extremely DARK, even the checkboxes  ;D

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It looks horrible when the checkboxes look like standard elements that have just been stuck in the middle of a perfectly flowing template and disrupt it's beauty.  They still look pretty bad but at least they're not so.....obvious.  I'll probably darken them a bit more to conform to the theme and I've got to move the checkboxes up.  They look like they were just tacked onto the bottom side of every file and folder and they look horrible.  They look hella good when right next to the item size attribute, but I can't seem to get them into position. :-[

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've got almost everything perfect except for the fact that the checkboxes won't resize in Firefox.  They work in ALL other browsers.  I think it's because Firefox has a larger cellpadding than the other browsers, but I have no idea how to get around that.  It looks great in all browsers except for Firefox.  In firefox it looks like crap. :'(

Then there's also the issue of release.  I can either upload the whole thing which is against the rules or I can write a 20 page essay explaining how to apply this template properly. :(  There are so many external files my head is spinning.

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I didn't realize that building up a good template would require so many resources. Modifying it is much more easy  ;D

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I didn't realize that building up a good template would require so many resources. Modifying it is much more easy  Grin

I should point out that this is NOT my template.  I AM just editing an existing one!  Doesn't change the fact that the original has basically NO features at all and everything needs to be added for it to be more than a glorified aesthetically pleasing file browser. :P

EDIT:
Oh, and I've got some good news and some bad.  Good news is I've got everything internally linked.  Bad news is the checkbox size problem still exists.  I can change the checkbox to a picture but when I do I can't move it.  I can shrink it and change it's color, but it isn't affected in Firefox.  This is totally sucking.  It looks GREAT in every browser except for Firefox.  I don't want to accept that as the final solution, but I don't see much of a choice.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:21:15 AM by Sapphirescales »

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This is quite strange. I mean...during my experience with HFS i tried several templates (terayon, rawr, live3) and tested all them with IE, Firefox and Opera and i never noticed any difference in displaying the pages...The only difference is that Opera handles BIG file transfers much more better than the other two.