rejetto forum

RAWR-Player doesn't work after 1-2 songs played[SOLVED]

cmatte · 4 · 3517

Offline cmatte

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • ErMeglio WebSite
Hi,
as I wrote somewhere else, I'm trying Windows-7 (x64, public beta build 7000, really COOL and DAMN FAST BTW (was using Vista b4) :o) and for the occasion I got IIS7 working in a few clicks and I installed onto it a sort-of proxy which allows to redirect any https request to the local HFS server and answers accordingly, oh, this with LOTS of clicks due to a silly bug in install :P.
Well, this is just to introduce me, anyway, everything seems to work just fine as expected, except one thing: the RAWR-Player (into RAWR-Template 0.1.1).It plays songs one time or two, and it locks on the third one (or so). The way it locks is strange: it effectively downloads the whole song (so HFS says) many times(I think it's for some sort of retry) but it doesn't play it and stays stuck to 0:00.
This happens with Firefox 3.0.5 only.On IE 8.0.7000 everything works as it should.
I also [just] tried connecting to the non-SSL direct HFS page and it does exactly the same.

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:01:12 PM by cmatte »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Sorry I cannot help with this bug... I TEST RAWR-Player in Firefox 3, atm i'm testing using 3.2a1pre and I have never seen this problem with mp3. There is no reason for this to happen. I wish it was a bug of my own doing, but I just use the default mp3 handling in flash... nothing I can do about it other than what I have said. Maybe it will improve with the new version of RAWR-Player and the updated templates.

Like you said, it could just be an issue with the combination of things you are trying, Win 7, Firefox, Flash Plugin, and HFS.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
since you are loggin disconnections, i can say from your log that it is the client to disconnect.
otherwise it would say "disconnected by server".

Offline cmatte

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • ErMeglio WebSite
WOW...today(some minutes ago)...Firefox has gone towards the updated version 3.0.6....and everything works as it should right now 8)
This is what is said to be a lucky man, isn't it? ;D