Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
HTML & templates / Re: Chat for HFS.
« Last post by LeoNeeson on July 16, 2018, 02:25:05 AM »
@username1565: Your idea is very interesting. I've tested it, and it works well, but I've also found some issues and ideas for enhancements.

Possible small enhancements:
- (Bug) if we insert ":" in a message, then any text/word after that is not shown.
- Automatically scroll-down messages, so we can always see the last posted message.
- Show the number of users online, or even better, have a simple online user list.
- Save/remember nickname on a cookie, and allow change nickname when clicking on it.
- Add an optional 'Send' button (as a fail-over, for old browsers not detecting when the 'Enter' key is pressed).

Possible complex enhancements:
- Privacy: If possible, save messages using the epoch Unix Time, to avoid someone automatically stealing all the messages, since it's currently searching for "message (2).txt", "message (3).txt", etc. which can be easily guessed. But since this can be very complex to implement, I have another better idea:

- Add a private chat mode: when a private chat with some user is started, a new window is opened, and a new -temporal- folder is created on HFS, with a random folder name (for example "TempChat-5560AFHG"), so, another users can't guess the folder path and steal or retrieve private chats. Folder name should be automatically exchanged in background, without user intervention. And when one of the users close your browser, the private chat ends, and the another user gets a message like 'John has closed this chat' (similar as IRC). And then, we can also automatically delete that temporal folder, when both parts close the window. We can also create a -permanent- private chat (with a folder name like "PermChat-EASY777"), adding a button to make it, so if 2 users know the 'private chat name' (aka: private chat folder name), for example "EASY777", then, they can join the chat anytime without having to post anything on the public chat (that folder stores the messages permanently). So basically, we can have a public chat, and a private chat and all without a database or anything special.

You can also check the chat made by DJ, here (which can give you some new fresh ideas).

Cheers,
Leo.-
Bug reports / Re: HFS Documentation (English)
« Last post by LeoNeeson on July 16, 2018, 02:14:06 AM »
also found a old revision
http://rejetto.com/wiki/index.php?title=HFS:_Template_symbols&oldid=5607
That's right. Most of the deleted Wikis are still available clicking on 'View history', then on the date of some revision (I've made another mirror of that Wiki page here, just in case). I hope Rejetto can make some time to at least fix the login error, so we can start fixing those errors, reverting those wikis to the last good revision. I've read somewhere that login error could be fixed updating the MediaWiki engine to the latest version, but I'm not sure (I've reported this bug several months ago, here).
I was referring to this:After the button is clicked, then that may be a good spot for a photo thumbnail, players, etc...

Also, I had a thought about the speed--duplicate call to %item-url% costs +25% delay and another +5% for the span tag (the sum is about a third); so, howabout no extra button whatsoever, but, instead long-click or right click the filename, and then only one call to %item-url%? I wonder if that is possible.
I've uploaded a mockup of this to give you an idea (it only works the first menu, but needs the correct code to work properly). It's based on the latest Throwback7.

To work fast and don't overload the server, %item-size% and %item-modified% should be only asked to the server "on-demand" when we click on the menu button (I've commented some unused code, and when everything is working, then we could expand the functions and add more buttons on the menu, to handle music and video files, like the original Throwback7 had).
I was referring to this:After the button is clicked, then that may be a good spot for a photo thumbnail, players, etc...

Also, I had a thought about the speed--duplicate call to %item-url% costs +25% delay and another +5% for the span tag (the sum is about a third); so, howabout no extra button whatsoever, but, instead long-click or right click the filename, and then only one call to %item-url%? I wonder if that is possible.

i only know of this through javscript (as i once had to create a website to disable the righ mouse click:

https://www.sitepoint.com/building-custom-right-click-context-menu-javascript/

is it posible yes, how to go about it no idea
Code: [Select]
document.addEventListener('contextmenu', event => event.preventDefault());
in java sript it about the document and rec ord/listen to events. ( this was later used in hacking atamepts with the double click cookie...
« Last post by bmartino1 on July 15, 2018, 09:18:57 AM »
do you mean a querystring?
I was referring to this:
. . . removing the delete button, and adding a "+" button instead, which when clicked, it opens a modal screen. . .with three nice and big buttons, giving options like: Rename, Delete and Move. . .
After the button is clicked, then that may be a good spot for a photo thumbnail, players, etc...

« Last post by username1565 on July 14, 2018, 03:09:09 PM »
https://github.com/heiswayi/hfs-templates/blob/master/HFSTemplate_AllyssaFramework_v1_2.tpl
Thanks for the link of templates by Heiswayi Nrird. I see there very nice templates.
Also, I see there is working hfs.exe too - this is version 2.2f.

There already chat boxes in other templates on the forum such as thunder chicken of glore, etc etc...
Can you tell me the link for templates:
thunder chicken of glore, etc etc...
?

I tryed use "Allyssa Framework v1.2" from your link, and I see there, inside HTML code:
Code: [Select]
<iframe id="iframe" frameborder="0" src="http://findbetterresults.com/?dn=freeshoutbox.net&amp;pid=9PO755G95"
style="display: none !important;"></iframe>
And this is not working with Internet. I see the errors in console.log (F12 button in browser).
Also, this chat must not to working WITHOUT INTERNET,
and I want to see the chat to be workable in LAN (Local Network).

My chat is working in LAN without INTERNET, but this is not so ellegant.
If there will be 1 million messages, each user must to save this all - as different files, for each page-request.  ;D
This is only demo-example for you all, to think about it.

I don't know if you asking for help on addons or just shrong something you'd like to see implemented in to hfs.
???
I don't see any addons with chat, so I just leave this code here.
At last, in the future, maybe I want to see good server-side chat inside HFS,
without any rooms or channels on another servers/services.

Maybe there can be possible, to realize VOIP, video conference, torrent tracker, and another P2P technologies,
if relay server or stun server will be using to do connection between LAN-peers, without need the Internet.

Best regards.
HTML & templates / Re: the next phase. . .
« Last post by bmartino1 on July 14, 2018, 11:43:33 AM »
I wonder if it is possible to replace the X with ☰ (menu) or checkbox so as to provide for more features (at no cost to speed)? 
For example, click on ☰ to reach a page with that one file listed along with options to delete, rename, move or play?

Htmp style code it:
It's a case things use for /etc tags and css for a menu:

https://css-tricks.com/three-line-menu-navicon/
do you mean a querystring? https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_loc_search.asp
<a hef="pagetoreach.htm?id=%item-url%">☰</a>
see also http://www.rejetto.com/wiki/index.php?title=HFS:_scripting_commands urlvar | A

update:
a working example you find in the new mobil-light template with the newfolder option +
http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=11754.msg1062933#msg1062933
in the next version I will try a popup dialog
HTML & templates / the next phase. . .
« Last post by danny on July 13, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »
I wonder if it is possible to replace the X with ☰ (menu) or checkbox so as to provide for more features (at no cost to speed)? 
For example, click on ☰ to reach a page with that one file listed along with options to delete, rename, move or play?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10