rejetto forum

HFS Live 0.2.5 EN/ES (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

Guest · 93 · 55213

chrno

Hi everyone!!
I've been using HFS for over 6 months and it's great, I use it for stream my music over the net, get some files that i forgot in home, and other stuffs... Anyway, I've been using some templates from this forum, some of those very goods, but I wanted to do one by myself.
So, inspired in L!ive.com and V!sta I developed the new HFS Live (tadaa!!) what the hell is that you may ask, well, let me explain you with some screenshots.

HFS Live is the most clean, tidy and elegant way to explore your files.

Forget to wait-upload-and-explore-later, with HFS Live all your uploads will open in a new (popup)
window.

The improved Status window shows not only your uploads or download progress, also you can get more
detailed information like the connections alive or the bytes sent/received, etc.

HFS Live comes in 4 different versions:
Standard: Fast, HFS low-Q icons
Standard+: Like Standard but with better icons.
Power: Generates Thumbnails!!!, HFS Low-Q icons.
Power+: Thumbnails + Better icons.

No more un-understandable errors, with HFS Live you can know exactly what you had an error and how
to solve it.

Easy To Install: After unpack the files, the wizard will help you to apply correctly the HFS Live
Templates, no matter if you are an Expert or a Beginner with HFS.

HFS Live is also available in SPANISH!!

(Sorry if I made some mistakes here on in the English version, English is not my native language)

Template Details:
Template Name: HFS Live
Build: 0.2.5
Release: 19 Ago 2006

Want to get HFS LIVE?
Download the English Pack:
http://rapidshare.de/files/29941494/hfs_live_025_en.exe

Download the Spanish Pack:
http://rapidshare.de/files/29941668/hfs_live_025_es.exe

Project taken on by RAWR-Designs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:18:13 PM by TSG »

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
it was a very good initiative, but you foget to mention that the user has to drag and drop or just add the folder img to the root of the virtual file system of the hfs to show the images correctly

but do not let it cloud your post it is a very-very good template....
i just found it a little "loaded" but it is ok when you got broad band and a fast machine on the hfs server and client
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
oooops my mistake, you mentioned it on the step number 12....
sorry!
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
Screenshots looks nice on first sight. Is there a zipped version of the template/files available? I like to install them myself, because i don't like to run exe's.
______
~GeeS~
~GeeS~

Offline internetgnm

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hola instalando tu programa me sale este error.

Subsistema MS-DOS de 16 bits  La CPU NTVDM ha encontrado una instruccion no permitida CS:06da IP:03ac 6b 67 72 6f Elija "Cerrar" para finalizar la aplicación.

Osea que no se instala !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chao
I am sorry for write in spanish. :evil:

chrno

hi

To ~Gees~
The exe file is just an executable rar file. Is virus free. Don't be aafraid, I also don't trust in exe files tru the net but this is safe ;)

A internetgnm
Quede plop con tu problema, si no te funciona directamente con el exe prueba abriendolo con el win rar.

Thanks again for your interest in HFS Live.
AQ

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The exe file is just an executable rar file. Is virus free. Don't be aafraid, I also don't trust in exe files tru the net but this is safe  

You mean a selfextracting rar? Could you then please publish the rar or zip version? Thx!

GeeS
~GeeS~

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i had a quick look and... it is just amazing!  8O

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
To ~Gees~

ok, you won, here goes the rar file.(English version) http://rapidshare.de/files/30041592/hfs_live_025_en.rar

If you have any doubts open the Setup.htm (after un-rar it)

cya
AQ

Mike

You put a lot of effort into your work.  But, I'll have to tell you that templates like your's won't be used by all.

Reasons: javascript, popups, (both of which are usually blocked by users) and way to much white space on the screen that makes the output somewhat unattractive.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "internetgnm"
Hola instalando tu programa me sale este error.
Subsistema MS-DOS de 16 bits  La CPU NTVDM ha encontrado una instruccion no permitida CS:06da IP:03ac 6b 67 72 6f Elija "Cerrar" para finalizar la aplicación.

you need to click on the link, don't save it directly.

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, you won, here goes the rar file.(English version)

Muchos gracias! Thx alot.
What an effort!
Pro: Nice approach with the installer based on html
Con: javascript, loading times, some bugs, Overall, i really like the basic concept! I would include also some pre-defined hfs_power.ini and hfs_power.vfs files. Template colours and design is a matter of taste, i won't comment on that.
Tip: In order to check the loading behaviour, i test on localhost with bandwith limited to about 5-50kB/s. This gives a rough idea how the pages are served on modem, isdn or asdl. Loading longer than 0.5 - 1s is mostly perceived annoying.
____
GeeS

Edit: optimized for FF (i prefer W3C compliant)
~GeeS~

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey, me again!

I've worked in HFS Live for over two months and there's a couple of things I left undone in the 0.2.5 (Otherwise I would never released the past version)
If you could help me to fix some things I will be very grateful (name in credits included ;) )

1. POPUPS BLOCKED
well, before I made hfs live I knew very well that many browsers will block the template's pop-ups, I spent many days searching for a way to show a popup without being blocked but I couldn't find anything easy to apply (I'm not a web programmer, Its just for hobby), so I accepted the fact that pop-ups will be blocked BUT the user will accept the pop-up windows.
> Unseen solution yet

2. UPLOAD ICON BUG
Have you seen HFS Live in firefox and explorer?, there is a small bug in the upload icon, in firefox looks fine but in explorer the cell-background repeats... I've to find what happened there.
>To do.

3. UPLOAD WINDOW BUG
Here I have two problems, the first one is in the bg, in explorer, the bg layer is separated by 10px approx. from the left.
The second is when you click in Upload without browsing for a file to the pop-up window shows the root of HFS.
>To do.

4. OPTIMIZATIONS
I haven't tested HFS Live in slow internet connections, but I guess that the IMG folder may use precious upload bandwidth that you want to save for your files.
>In the next release (0.3.x) IMG folder will be stored in photobucket, this means a decrease in the loading times.

ok, I think that’s all, if you find something that must be changed or added you’re free to discuss it here.

cya.
AQ

Offline bigdady

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "chrno"
Hey, me again!

I've worked in HFS Live for over two months and there's a couple of things I left undone in the 0.2.5 (Otherwise I would never released the past version)
If you could help me to fix some things I will be very grateful (name in credits included ;) )

1. POPUPS BLOCKED
well, before I made hfs live I knew very well that many browsers will block the template's pop-ups, I spent many days searching for a way to show a popup without being blocked but I couldn't find anything easy to apply (I'm not a web programmer, Its just for hobby), so I accepted the fact that pop-ups will be blocked BUT the user will accept the pop-up windows.
> Unseen solution yet

2. UPLOAD ICON BUG
Have you seen HFS Live in firefox and explorer?, there is a small bug in the upload icon, in firefox looks fine but in explorer the cell-background repeats... I've to find what happened there.
>To do.

3. UPLOAD WINDOW BUG
Here I have two problems, the first one is in the bg, in explorer, the bg layer is separated by 10px approx. from the left.
The second is when you click in Upload without browsing for a file to the pop-up window shows the root of HFS.
>To do.

4. OPTIMIZATIONS
I haven't tested HFS Live in slow internet connections, but I guess that the IMG folder may use precious upload bandwidth that you want to save for your files.
>In the next release (0.3.x) IMG folder will be stored in photobucket, this means a decrease in the loading times.

ok, I think that’s all, if you find something that must be changed or added you’re free to discuss it here.

cya.
AQ

Hello chrno and I have to say, that you have done a excellent work. thanks.
I have tried to use your temp. and it works nice, but I have problem with upload section. I use IE, and I can't upload. it seems like the server can not be found to upload.

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "bigdady"

Hello chrno and I have to say, that you have done a excellent work. thanks.
I have tried to use your temp. and it works nice, but I have problem with upload section. I use IE, and I can't upload. it seems like the server can not be found to upload.

Hi!
I've tested again the upload section in Explorer (6.0.2900.2180 sp2) and works fine. Have you tried uploading your files using the default HFS template?