rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 246121

badman80

hi... i installed this theme but the mp3 live stream doesn't seem to work... it keeps saying that its "undefine"
i have tried all possible solutions

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong, if so please PLEASE help me  ???

same here im getting that as well

kycken

Please tell me how to modify the template can click some files
(eg. *.jpg,*.txt,*.pdf;*.link)can popup a new windows page!!!

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Find the link to download those files, and put target="_blank" in the A tag.

Here is some basic help if you need it. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

I am unsure if HFS Live even uses html links...

For the links to open in a 'popup', you will have to use some javascript.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
chrno, just want to say something here. for mp3 player, if we hide file extension, the player will fail to play because it will try to play "musicfile" instead of musicfile.mp3
do i make myself clear?

kycken

I know add a files link ...target="_blank" but Live2 template

use  javascript then it is not easy to find which way can add this code!!

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
kychen i will look into it now. I figured HFS live would use javascript :P i will see if i can find it then post a quick guide to fix it.

Update:
lol, i have edited the links in, [file], filetypes.js, filetypes_imageresize(alpha).js, and made sure Live is using local files... and i still cannot get images to open in a new window... i have this feeling it is using the external files even tho i have selected local files in that popup, the server select popup that keeps returning with every page load lol... have i found a bug here?

Please remove the external servers and make the images open in a new window for the next build Chrno :)

EDIT: had a talk with chrno, my theory was correct, about the external files...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:11:57 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

just a guest

hi

just started using live 2, nut it seems that not everything is showing up normally.

i.e.: the help section just displays a blue screen, with what seems to be selections, on the left, but i can't really tell, any ideas.

i tried the help first, but...

thx

PejQas

How can I: "Just drag the "hfslive" folder to your HFS root."  ????

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hfslive folder is inside your downloaded zip file when u download this template, can u find it? drag this folder to the hfs window just like u insert any other file or folder to hfs.

if u still dont understand, try this. rightclick on hfs at "home" icon, select Add folder from disk.. browse to the hfslive folder and press ok

Hollywood

Hi

Live 2 rocks! But is there a manual somewhere? I'm facing some trouble with this version:
- Thumbnails are not working for me (shows just file icon)
- MP3 streaming opens a player window, but does not play and main window shows "link broken"
- HFS status shows "Access denied"

Please can someone tell me where to get the manual or how to solve the problems mentioned?
I'm using HFS 2 build 125 and Live 2 build 205.

Thanks
Hollyw

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
There is a like a 3mb flash README in the archive... Does that have any helpful information?

Hollywood

There is a like a 3mb flash README in the archive... Does that have any helpful information?

Thanks for your answer. You mean that "Install Live 2.2.exe"? This is just very basic and does not answer
any of my questions. For example the HFS status window tells me "access denied". I have no idea where
to grant rights, you know?

Best regards
Hollywood

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hollywood, i dont understand why u having this problem. hfslive should be very easy to use, u dont need to bother about diff template.. or any other thing. the main different that i can say is this template give option to chose whether to load template files from your own server or online server by sokoolz and 3gon.

i just want to ask, do you use 'hide file extension in listing' option? i ask because i used this option in my mp3 folder, what happen is that, mp3 fails to play because it try to play "filename" instead of "filename.mp3". this might cause problem of mp3 and thumbnail.

for hfs status - access denied, i wonder how can that happen. can u try type http://yourhost:port/~progress see if you can access this page. the hfs status link should redirect you to this page. im afraid u have problem importing tpl file to html editor. whats os u use?

and last thing, just to make sure, please dont block javascript because this template really need it.. and that causing you say "Live 2 rocks!"  ;D

Hollywood

Hi radd,

thanks for your answer. You're completely right, it should be easy to use, that's what I was used from Live 1,
which worked perfectly. I did the same installation as before, I was just wondering why some details do not work for me in Live2.

Nevertheless I figured out the cause for one error that I had, the one with the missing thumbnails: I have a couple of picture folders starting  with a hash (#). Folders starting like that are not thumbnailed, cannot be previewed or downloaded, I guess its a bug, it worked with Live1.

I do not hide anything, except the hfslife folder. I tried removing the hiding, but I still get "access to file or folder denied. Code 406" error when choosing "status". I don't really need this status, but I just wanted to know to what file/folder HFS needs access to.  ???

MP3 streaming is still not working, but maybe I will find out by myself as well, I will compare the code to Life1 twhere streaming worked fine. Eventually this is all linked to the way I configured HFS, I use a quite complex way for building a folder structure
for each user individually, maybe I'll check with a "naked" version of HFS.

There is one more question that just came to my mind: this ~folder.tar option to download complete folders is great, but how can I add an icon to each folder to start the download of this complete folder? I have some real noobs donloading stuff from my server (e.g. my father ;)), who will call me crazy if I told him "add a ~folder.tar to the URL". I don't have enough experience in HTML to do it by myself, but I guess it should be quite easy?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards
Hollywood

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Firstly, HFS doesn't have a 406 error... Secondly, with build 125 you can just use the new 'Temporary Reset' to get the naked HFS you are after haha...

Also. I wouldn't recommend using HFS Live until Chrno releases the next build... there is a few bugs and the external servers can be a hassle at times. This is just my opinion though...

In the template, make a section [archive] and put %archive% where you want the contents of [archive] to go, this will obviously be a link for ?folder.tar?recursive, it will only show if you have 'Archiveable' selected for the folder.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:34:41 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »