rejetto forum

Testing build #117

rejetto · 54 · 32166

Poll

Do you like the new Interface, without the On/Off button?

Yes
No

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I am unsure if this is spam, it has no punctuation at all.

it's a regular post for sure.
it is normal some won't like the new GUI from the beginning.
and maybe some won't like it ever.
most things in life are questionable, and you can't please everyone.
there are several pro's for the new GUI. i'd like to hear any real pro for the old GUI that is not just "habits".
let see the poll where it goes.

Offline KalleB

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Heh..people are talking about "old look" when the difference between old and new is _one_ button :D ..well I like the "new look" anyway.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
heh XD i keep pressing 'Port' instead of 'menu', as i was used to that location.

This week, i used an old version of HFS and thought that the "Open in browser" feature was yet to be implemented, but in fact, it was there but on a different place. I can remember that ppl complained about having that button replaced. but eventually you'll get used to everything :) just like this.

Offline Hax0r4d

• Occasional poster
  • —Om—
    • View Profile
    • http://Hax0r4d.ServeUser.com/
I did like the "old" GUI cause i used to serve on a time schedule due to limited bandwidth.
So it was easy to turn the server in  ON/OFF modus by just 1 mouse click.
But as a server is ment to run 24/day then its understandable that the button is moved from the GUI.
Also the new GUI has a professional look ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

just press F4

Offline Hax0r4d

• Occasional poster
  • —Om—
    • View Profile
    • http://Hax0r4d.ServeUser.com/

just press F4

Hmmm thats indeed my solution.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
The only thing I would suggest with this On/Off button controversy is the following:

1.  To turn off the server, you have to go to Menu -> Switch Off or press F4.  To do this the GUI has to be visible or restored to screen.

2.  My preferred method is not to restore HFS GUI first *but* to right click the HFS tray icon and select Switch OFF.

3.  When the server is turned off by 2. the right click tray menu option Switch OFF is removed.  I would suggest that a Switch ON tray menu option replace it so the GUI doesn't have to be restored first to turn the server back on.

maverick

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
3.  When the server is turned off by 2. the right click tray menu option Switch OFF is removed.  I would suggest that a Switch ON tray menu option replace it so the GUI doesn't have to be restored first to turn the server back on.

Yes, this indeed makes sense. I think it has just been forgotten.

There even could be commandlime options to use with the Windows task scheduler:

Code: [Select]
hfs.exe /switch=<ON,OFF>
I guess they would work even when running HFS as a service (and you don't have a tray icon at all).
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

i agree

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a Switch ON tray menu option replace it so the GUI doesn't have to be restored first to turn the server back on.

sure it will

There even could be commandlime options to use with the Windows task scheduler:
Code: [Select]
hfs.exe /switch=<ON,OFF>

well...  the -a option let you do such things. but it is unhandy because it needs you to create a text file. in the future it will be possible to pass any ini command via the command line.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
a Switch ON tray menu option replace it so the GUI doesn't have to be restored first to turn the server back on.

sure it will

I don't understand your reply  ???  Does that mean you will be adding a missing Switch ON tray menu option or does your reply mean something else ???
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Sorry, didn't realise the on/off button was still there. Didn't see it in the menu. I'm still having a problem
where i have 'max simultaneous downloads from a single address' at 2 but my brother is able to create
4 downloads with his download manager. Is this because all 4 connections are downloading the same file
and as such are not treated as individual downloads? If i set the 'max simultaneous connections' it'd
probably count the HTML connection(s) so that's no help either as sometimes browsers create many
connections

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i have 'max simultaneous downloads from a single address' at 2 but my brother is able to create
4 downloads with his download manager. Is this because all 4 connections are downloading the same file
and as such are not treated as individual downloads?

no, it should count it 4, so it seems like a bug