rejetto forum

Upload permission inheriting

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi rejetto,

Sorry, don't mean to complain twice in one day, but I think I found another bug or two. :P

Using beta build 218, but I don't know when this problem started or if it's always been there because I've never tried it before.

I have Upload permission set to "Any account" for the root, which is bound to a real folder.  Inside HFS, tooltips for real subfolders say "Upload allowed for: @any account [inherited]".  But when going into that subfolder in a browser, the Upload option is not available as expected, unless I specifically set it for that subfolder.

Strangely, virtual subfolders and even files also say "Upload allowed for: @any account [inherited]", which doesn't make sense.  You're only supposed to be able to upload to real folders, right?

And finally, if I unbind the root from the real folder where I'd previously allowed uploading, the subfolders (real and virtual) and files' tooltips still say "Upload allowed for: @any account [inherited]", even though there's no way to edit that permission with the root now being virtual.  I would think that with the root being virtual, that "ghost" permission shouldn't even exist for something below to inherit.

Any questions or want me to try something?  Just ask. :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i think there's something i didn't consider.
it's clearly a bug.
i will let you know.

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, both bugs should be fixed in next build.
thank you so much for reporting ;)

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi rejetto,

I finally got to test the stuff I reported here with build 220.  The Upload permission is flowing down nicely now, and the tooltips also appear to be correct. :)

But I'm still seeing the Upload permission being inherited from the root after I have unbound it from the real folder.  Did you consider this a bug?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile