rejetto forum

The "Takeback" template - A different & modern taste

NaitLee · 68 · 49864

Poll

Do you want a tool for creating templates easily?

Yes, I know nothing about coding, but I can do Windows Paint
4 (26.7%)
Yes, I can do HTML/CSS, but not javascript nor macro
5 (33.3%)
Yes, I can do Web basics, but not HFS macro
5 (33.3%)
No, I'm a full-code developer
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
The results show that the "Takeback" template works well until RC4. This problem only occurs in versions RC4 and above. What's more, in RC7 (the latest version currently), this problem occurs even when I'm using the default template, and this time you will get a page of javascript from the server.

My test conclusion:

- The default template of RC7 is doing the wrong thing: post selection data to a javascript data section, so the server did nothing other than sending javascript.
  - Please wait for rejetto to fix this :)

- My template have a bug, the helper.getFilename() function returns an empty string for folder names (which ends with a slash /, not considered ::)), and after that sends an empty selection to server, then server think it should do nothing
  - This will be my another job ;)

Thank you for doing a lot of work testing 🎉
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline 9M127

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
My test conclusion:

- The default template of RC7 is doing the wrong thing: post selection data to a javascript data section, so the server did nothing other than sending javascript.
  - Please wait for rejetto to fix this :)

- My template have a bug, the helper.getFilename() function returns an empty string for folder names (which ends with a slash /, not considered ::)), and after that sends an empty selection to server, then server think it should do nothing
  - This will be my another job ;)

Thank you for doing a lot of work testing 🎉

Hi! More problems was found in HFS 2.4 recently. Since HFS 2.4 RC2, There's a problem that the function "Archive" rarely works as expected.
No matter what template I was using, after clicking "Archive", I will usually get either a broken compressed file, or a weird compressed file.
For example, yesterday when I was trying to archive a folder with two "*.xlsx" files (created by Microsoft Excel), the server did gave me a "*.tar" file.
But after I extracting it, I got some strange files and folders, as if I was trying to unzipping a "*.docx" file or a "*.xlsx" file!

So I rolled back to HFS 2.3m, and now everything looks fine again.
Except, when you click "Archive", you will get a "*.tar" file containing only files shown in the list, but not folders.

Offline 9M127

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi! More problems was found in HFS 2.4 recently. Since HFS 2.4 RC2, There's a problem that the function "Archive" rarely works as expected.
No matter what template I was using, after clicking "Archive", I will usually get either a broken compressed file, or a weird compressed file.
For example, yesterday when I was trying to archive a folder with two "*.xlsx" files (created by Microsoft Excel), the server did gave me a "*.tar" file.
But after I extracting it, I got some strange files and folders, as if I was trying to unzipping a "*.docx" file or a "*.xlsx" file!

So I rolled back to HFS 2.3m, and now everything looks fine again.
Except, when you click "Archive", you will get a "*.tar" file containing only files shown in the list, but not folders.
By the way, I'm hoping for a progress bar in the upload page of your template!
Looking forward to the next version of HFS.
Love you guys! :-*

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I have a small problem with this
I share albums and if i try to download a single track from an album it then downloads the whole album
Love the layout though
Any help would be appreciated
Thank You

Glad to hear feedback :)

Please give more info of that problem, such as:
- What action did you do for downloading? Maybe it's the cyan "Download", the "Archive" at page bottom, or the brown "Archive" after several selection...
- What is the form of an album and tracks? Are they appear as files inside a folder, or just one file, or a .m3u(8) file?

Good luck :D

It's about the "?recursive" parameter in the url ("urlvar"). When it is there, the sub-folders will be included, and will not otherwise.

In the case of Takeback (and also Throwback), this parameter is not included in the "Archive" at page bottom.
Rather, in Takeback, it's included in "Archive" action when doing multiple selection of files/folders. So, if you select all items and do "Archive" in the preview pad, the archive will be full :)

Yes, it's not easy to discover. May choose an alternative method in future.
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
I sent you a PM with more details :)

Now it's obvious... :D So I should explain the two "Archive"s again

"Archive" is not "Download". While they both give users files, archive means to bundle all/selected files together, while download usually means only one file.

Also, have a look again at my previous message, especially the explanation after the 2nd quote.
Now you know there's 2 different "Archive"s, and the second one is which you need. It appears after selecting items, on the preview panel, as underlined brown text.

So you shall modify the note for users, say that they need to "download" selections with "Archive" on the preview panel ;)
... Or for a better approach, put this in HTML/CSS:
Code: [Select]
<style>
#preview > div:nth-child(3) > a:nth-child(5) > span:nth-child(1) { color: cyan; }
.part2 > p:nth-child(1) { display: none; }
</style>
These CSS highlights the correct "Archive" and removes the incorrect one.
( be sure to modify anything to fit exact needs )
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline cib000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 :-[
I need help.
I like the template very much.
i want this What should I do?
I need help.
I am a beginner.

Offline tombones

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Takeback is the best thing I tried, it is great. Just one thing I would like to have: drag&drop files upload. Can you please add it?

Offline stibuz95

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello, i use this template from a lot of time and... very good job!
Now i'm trying to use a different homepage, because ive also an emby server running and i want to redirect from my homepage to emby or hfs.
Now ive managed to do it with quickPHP, but it wastes resource (few) and doesnt permit me to have good redirectings (all is fine from outside the network, but not in local).
Anyway, i've tried to change the name of the home page (the one blank), but some redirects dont work obviously. I've tried to understand where to change hrefs but i'ts a pain, im not very expert with HTML and scripts.
Is there a way to change the homepage label from [] to something like [hfs] ?
Thank you all in advance for any tips :D

EDIT:
I've tried by replacing all "href="*/" with "href="*/tildehfshome" (where tilde is the symbol and * is to say "both . and .. and nothing" but this will break some template functions (for example when im logged i cant see my files but only a string which says "%files%".
Any help? Thanks!

EDIT2: i've found that %files% only shows in the main section
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:31:46 PM by stibuz95 »