rejetto forum

RAWR-Template-0.1.2 + Archive + Delete + Picture Preview (All language).

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Whats the big deal with removing the thumbnails and previews lately. Unless you have a 50mbit connection then those previews are going to take forever to download. Add more users to the server and it will be even worse. They will put an extra load on HFS. Even the new preview box will require generated thumbnails at least, the previews will be on a larger scale so maybe we can do a scaling of the original image. Some people want the original images as the thumbnails... try loading a gallery with more than 20 images on a slower or shared connection with moderate camera images, you never see that on the internet... cause it makes no sense. It will be very slow and annoying, hopefully rejettos built in EXIF feature for JPG can help these lazy people.

Also in some countries bandwidth is counted towards a limit, so sharing badly designed image galleries would become a tax on internet usage.

As for Archive and Delete, I really don't like this method lol, why go along and check the file list when you can just hit each file to download it individually. Any serious downloader has a good manager installed, I simply right click my page and select the files I want, its a more reliable method. Same goes for delete which seems like a strange feature for a public site to have. Should be limited to the administrators, for anyone that is using the feature.

I want a kind of download queue for RAWR-X, you would be able to to load up the queue, hopefully with drag/drop, files and folders from anywhere in the file system, then hit download and obtain all the selected files in the tarball. Now thats what I call convenience.

Anyway, I guess some people think differently.

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well I couldn't get the checkboxes to work properly with my custom template.  They don't seem to be coded properly.  They barely work with your version. :(

Maybe I'll try merging my template with this one instead of the other way around.  But I'll have to take a look at your code.  Something isn't coded properly here.........

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I merged delete function by FCC with rawr template sometime ago  :P For me it would be useful also a rename function, maybe French Can Can could do something about this! ;)