rejetto forum

DivX Web Player and Opera ... a ToG Related Quandry

TSG · 13 · 15476

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
OK, on my template, i have been implementing the new DivX Web Player into the div layer like i have done with all my other media previews.

It works fine and dandy in IE6/7 and Firefox, but when i try to use it with Opera, the preview div pops up then when i close the div unlike IE or Firefox the Player does not stop streaming... Refreshing the page doesn't stop it... Hitting Stop doesn't stop it... WTF is going on...

Is this a HFS problem or a problem with Opera and the DivX player. I am kinda stuck with this, the only quick solution will be to hide the DivX player option from Opera users, but i do not want to do that as it is a nifty feature.

Anyhoo, post back some suggestions...

I am running XP sp2, with Opera 9.2... I only have Opera for testing purposes like this lol

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Is this a HFS problem or a problem with Opera and the DivX player. I am kinda stuck with this,
.../...
Anyhoo, post back some suggestions...

Hard to tell and hard to see you don't give us links and your server is also unreachable !

Anyway,  I may not be in a position to help as I'm not familiar with the TOG template ...
Has it got anything to do with embed commands within the Divx Web Player  ?
I could see if I could get a look at the source code from one Hfs page ...

TCube
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:46:04 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Sorry I cant give you a preview as my server upload speed isn't enough to stream divx, I'm making it for the users of the template. I can show you the code, but it is driven by javascript... hope you can read it... its big and scary :)

An Extracted Version (what is actually in the js code)

<a class=mp3 style="cursor:pointer;" onclick=unldMda('"+escape(crrMda)+"')>- Preview Open -</a>
<div class=prvBx style="height:288px;width:480px;">
    <object classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616" width=480 height=270 codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab">
        <param name="custommode" value="Stage6"/>
        <param name="mode" value="null"/>
        <param name="src" value=""+Fldr+crrMda2+""/>
        <embed type="video/divx" src=""+Fldr+crrMda2+"" custommode="Stage6" width=480 height=270 mode="null" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/">
        </embed>
    </object>
    <div class=prvCls style="width:480px;">
        No video? Get the DivX Web Player for
            <a href="http://download.divx.com/player/DivXWebPlayerInstaller.exe">Windows</a>
        .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
            <a class=mp3 style="cursor:pointer;" onclick=unldMda('"+escape(crrMda)+"')>- Close -</a>
    </div>
</div>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:07:41 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Test the player in Opera, you'll probably not see any video cause its just too much for my 25kb/s upload speed.

TClick the Preview Button

This link will expire in 6hrs.

Now, you'll notice it opens, plays, then struggles to close (hit the close button) in Opera... all the other browsers have no problem... Then to add to that, the DivX player will continue to stream the video!, until you close the browser. (refer to first post for the more details on this problem.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:05:18 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
try to force embed "param" or add like this

<object>
<embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/xxxxxxx/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="400" width="720" />
</object>

I'll give a try right now to Ur link

Edit : In the mean time you can try this one under Opera ? just to chek if there is somethng wong on my side 2

Code: [Select]
removed

TCube
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:35:12 PM by TCube »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Bloody hell  TSg !
this is a bloody 350Mo *.avi file !!!  :o I'll never get it ! try a *.divx with DivX converter or Super @ !
Is this file set on your local hard drive ?

TCube

Hope you enjoyed my "Trip Hop Playlist" ?  ;)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
LoL ye i haven't got any small divx vids, But ye, i can see on my HFS its still streaming when you preview other things (which closes the player)... i cant test with yours cause you aren't trying to open and close a divx player in the same window. :( its only opera having this problem.

I'll see if i can find a small avi  :-[

Can u give me a quick one so we can test lol

7hrs! till u get the vid :P

See i just removed the video, you refreshed the page! and its still dling off me lol.

Downloading that video below now. I ended up kicking ur connection lol

Ok go.

Yep Same Problem.... all connections went away but the stream...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:29:33 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
removed
Try this 19 secondes Divx file ?

Edit now I'm not connecting to it through Opera and I should it's a small DivX file  (work nice and FF and IE)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:35:31 PM by TCube »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I guess we'll just have to live with it lol.

It is to do with how opera renders pages, (which is craply :D), cause i have noticed that this build of opera also does some strange things with the floating layers. This could of course just be my install of opera, i haven't got another computer around to verify this.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:38:15 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Not really ...
Could that be 'cause of local hosting ... I've doubts about DivX web Player with local files ...
try to embed this whole thing underneath in a diff. temp ?

Why not .

removed
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:50:41 AM by TCube »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Oh, I know that there is no issue with the player when it is on a page, i have tested this. It's to do with unloading the player from the page with javascript, when you do it in other browsers, it kills the stream, but in Opera, it seems to see that the player is still on the page and continues to stream the video. not even stopping or refreshing kills the stream, closing the window does tho.

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Ok then ... nonetheless with your Isp connection U should get some thid party hosting  ;D
Takes a long time to buffer the stream for a 19 sec file  ;)

Tcube
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:53:13 AM by TCube »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol ye this is as fast as my area will go, telco's here suck, they overcharge us for this 'superfast' (1500/256k) connection aswell. But like i said earlier, this is for the users of my template, not for my server.

I guess i will just leave this for now, i mean who uses Opera anyway ;) (sorry mav and all the others here that do)