rejetto forum

HFS have GET command but don't respond

vasilii91 · 14 · 12652

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, guys.
I really need your help.
I use the HFS to file photo sharing server. On the first computer server works pretty good, but on the second one it doesn't work and I don't know what to do.
HFS get GET-command but don't respond at all.
Please, look at the screenshot.

Thank you.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
what os are you running to connect to the hfs server?
ie ubuntu os using terminal command: wget http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/gutsy/man1/wget.1.html

hfs show that you are trying to download the folder...
(Haven't tried, i don't think you can download the folder only files...)

If you open (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test)it in a web page there should be a "archive button which would download the contents in a zip file...

I would suggest you double check your hfs folder permissions to make sure you don't have "no download" checked and or need/supply username and password with your "get command"...

Double check the windows side real folder setting to make sure there is "allowed" permissions...
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, bmartino1.
Thank you for you answer.

So, I have used Windows 7 OS.
I have used this method to create hot spot on my Windows 7 OS:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="MyHomeInternet" key="pass12345678" keyUsage=persistent

"hfs show that you are trying to download the folder..." - No, I think that HFS shows me that I am trying to get an access to the test folder, because when I try to open http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ I get "Requested GET /" and NO answer from the server.

And I pretty sure that permissions of this folder are correct (it is Windows), because sometimes it is work, but sometimes - doesn't work. And I don't know what I have to do to compel to work it all time.

Thank you.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you are working on a LAN, right? You want to access your server files (192.168.173.1) from another computer (192.168.173.16) on your own house, right?. Have you configured your firewall?

So, I have used Windows 7 OS.
I have used this method to create hot spot on my Windows 7 OS:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="MyHomeInternet" key="pass12345678" keyUsage=persistent
So, your IP 192.168.173.16 is not another device?
You have a Virtual WiFi Hotspot, right?....
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you are working on a LAN, right? You want to access your server files (192.168.173.1) from another computer (192.168.173.16) on your own house, right?. Have you configured your firewall?
So, your IP 192.168.173.16 is not another device?
You have a Virtual WiFi Hotspot, right?....

I am working on WLAN. Yes, I want to access my server files (192.168.173.1) from another computer (192.168.173.16) on my own house.
I fully switch off firewall on server computer.

"So, your IP 192.168.173.16 is not another device?" - It's my another computer
"You have a Virtual WiFi Hotspot, right?.." - yes, you are absolutely right.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Well, we are getting closer to the problem. So your another computer (192.168.173.16) access the server through a WLAN (Virtual WiFi Hotspot).

Please go to "Menu > IP address" and post a screenshot of that sub-menu.

May be you have to choose another IP address from there...
May be you have to choose the IP of your Virtual WiFi Hotspot...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:05:52 AM by LeoNeeson »

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well, we are getting closer to the problem. So your another computer (192.168.173.16) access the server through a WLAN (Virtual WiFi Hotspot).

Please go to "Menu > IP adress" and post a screenshot of that sub-menu.
May be you have to choose the IP of your Virtual WiFi Hotspot...
May be you have to choose another IP adress from there...

I have no ability to take a screenshot from IP address sub-menu, but I know that there are two IP-addresses (192.168.173.1 and 192.168.0.104). I have tried to use both of this addresses, but have had equal behaviour (no response from the server).

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
If you have your firewall disabled, and you have chosen another IP from the list, I'm out of ideas.

I will search on Google about IP Binding, but don't know if it will be of any help. Make sure you are running HFS as administrator.

Good luck... ;)

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
If you have your firewall disabled, and you have chosen another IP from the list, I'm out of ideas.

I will search on Google about IP Binding, but don't know if it will be of any help. Make sure you are running HFS as administrator.

Good luck... ;)

I am sure that I am running HFS as administrator.
So, I also have no ideas. That's why I have asked you guys.

Thank you, LeoNeeson, for any of your help.

Offline vasilii91

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Common, guys.
I know that somebody know the answer on this question.
I really need you help!
 :-[

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
It sounds like your network settings and how you have traffic setup...

You need to setup a bridge to connect the lan adapter (which hfs is serving) and the virtual wifi hotspot
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/what-is-a-network-bridge

You might need to set hfs to a different custom ip address ie the ip address scheme that the virtual hotspot will be giving.
It could be that you vitural hot spot isn't giving out ip within hfs range ie, your network of ip address in 1`92.168.173 contest to the virtual hospot firewall preventing web traffic.

--So let break down your network and see if we can't find the kick in the chain :)---

You have your "hfs" server machine which connects to a router getting ip address schema of:
I'm assuming unless otherwise noted:
(hfs server machine cmd command: ipconfig /all > echo network adapters and info.log) - which will save the output of your hfs network setting and basic lan /wifi/ virtual adapter if any)- either public post or private message it )
Or confirm the setup i write below:)

Router dhcp range: 192.168.173.1-192.168.173.255
subnet (classs C) 255.255.255.0

(since you are using the 192.168.173.1 ip address you might be causing network issue as sometimes ".1" is reserved as a gateway (and/or these ip address: / .255 is reserved for the broad cast / and.0 is reserved for other traffic...)

(I think you are using your Broadcast address)So first lets Change your hfs service ip to something like 192.168.173.x (x being 2-254)- does that fix your issue?
then its a routing issues because you were on a reserved ip address

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserved_IP_addresses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subnetwork#IPv4_subnetting

so the the virtual wifi hotspot is either a virtual wifi vlan in the router or an adapter on you windows machine...
--If it is in the router (you need to add the lan that your hfs server is in to complete proper networking--
--If it is on the windows side, (we bridge the network adapters) highlight the wifi adapter and the lan adapter and right mouse click bridge connection---

Once we verify that the virtual address has acquitted access to each other (test by running pings commands across the adapters to gateways and computer connected...

---

i believe it is an issues with how you have your network setup, and you may need to supply a "dmz" and have multi-connections or forms of connection to allow adequate network communication form your virtual hot spot and the hfs machine)

You orgianl post doesn't share anyinfo that you were tryign to comunicate across vituarl interfaces, adn the hfs "onscreen" log didn't show much...

More inforamtion is required to help you further..

Recap:
1.) Change your hfs server machine ip address so it is not on nor using the 173.1 address depends on your subnet...

2.) double check you network setting on your virtual wifi hotspot to make sure the hfs server machine is getting an ip form it or is able sending some information that way. (ping command)

3.) attempt to explain how your network is setup so user or myself are able to go through and see what device where is needing check and correcting settings...

----
Example:
(ISP Internet) > (off brand router) > HFS Machine

Client Machine (the machine connecting to hfs) > (off brand router) > HFS Machine
----

Where is you virtual hot-spot and where does it take play in your network?...
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
I'm surprised you didn't solve it yet. ???

Go to Start > Run > and type "cmd". Then run this "ipconfig /all". Copy and paste all the information on screen here, so we can see your network configuration. Anyway, I think your problem it's not directly related to HFS, so it may be best to look in another forum (specialized on networking), IMHO. ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
right click on the log > log what > enable everything
post another screenshot :)

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
i will never stop getting impressed by you rejetto