rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 243821

3g0n

check if your using UNICODE.
Open in the template in notepad, if html code appears re-save as ANSII.
Any one have the same problem?
yeah! but i just opened with notepad and crtl+c +v to hfs:)

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
3gon,
I'm going to send you the images in the night but i need access to the server to moddify them if something happends. Anyway, before release an update to live i want to try Live Ultima with the new server, if works fine Live should work in your server.
Ok, talk in mess.

Turbo Donkey

ähm, if i want to import te tempalte, i got  an blank screen, no html code...  ??? ???

i have HFS build 092

Same here 2.1d (088)

Never mind, used notepad to get the code out...

Also, could it be set up to use HFS for the resources? I'm not very keen on the photobucket links??!!

Superb work tho, looks lovely!!

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, Live 2 is going to have new server for its images, powered by 3g0n, so please have pattient with photobucket until the new update is available (during this week).
Stay tuned (a bar in Live 2 will tell you when the update is going to be available)

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Stevens! where can i see the 'new' file.ext . I've not to much time to browse through the forum and see all the HFS Changes.

I updated the Template Vars and Section Help sticky post ages ago, along with the actual HFS Template Help inside HFS, i'll put in %protected% and [protected] into the help post once its released stable. You could just download the current version of my template and take a look at how it works, Terayon has it a too.

I thought i would post up an example.

For image files, if we want it to be different, it now can have its own section. The single file version of this has been around for a while, think it was ledufe that suggested that one.... But i got rejetto to add in multiple sections so you can now bunch up as many as you like into a single section. Like below.

[file.jpg = file.bmp = file.png]
<!-- CONTENT WOOOO -->

[file.swf]
<!-- YAAAY -->

[file] will still of course be a default for all files unless specified with different sections.

Offline SoKoOLz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Wow, Chrno
Long time no see. Thank you for HFS Live and your hard work.

Hmm. the new HFS Live 2 is great, However my HFS page is very slow because it needs to load those images externally.
My country is having very bad external internet access, could you please make another HFS Live 2 version that stores all the images internally? My users can't afford loading the images from external site other than the local site so it's better to have them dowload images directly from my place.

Thank you ^^
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:16:33 AM by SoKoOLz »

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
sokoolz! thanks, yeah, some people had problems with photobucket (slows connections), I'm working on it. About the internal images version, i don't know... i don't want to n_n because it uses more of tyhe server cpu, more bandwidth... mmm.... lets try the new server first,ok?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:06:00 PM by chrno »

Offline SoKoOLz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yeah, perhaps you are right. I've tried modifying your theme by downloading all the images, css and js scripts into my server.
And everytime I go to another page the server connection shows 15-20 connections a time. So I guess this new hfslive uses a lot of images.
I'll wait for your new version with the new server, if you want me to mirror ur resource files I can do that for u. I have my own colo server in my country which is pretty fast. PM me I'll give you username and password to try on.
Thanks

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks sokoolz!!, I would like to try it too, add me to your messenger

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks Stevens, but is just another way to do the same, in fact live2 way (using cases) and file.ext gives the same result, the difference is live2 gives the process tasks to the client cpu, and the file.ext to the hfs or server cpu. So I, has ultra basic programmer, I preffer to give more processes to the client instead of the server. By the way, there's no good or wrong way all them are valid.
Thanks anyway for the hint!

wow, mp3 streamer!, what the hell i been missing.
TO DO:
store photos in new server
implement mp3 streamer
open photos, music and videos to receive addons.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:34:38 PM by chrno »

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
haha, each to their own i guess, I find the new extension sections to be a lot more efficient personally, i have had case functions like yours in the past, but i found it really laggy.

I've added you to my msn, if we can talk more freely in conversation a lot more cool features can come to life, I talk to a lot of members from the forum, including rejetto, and a lot of the coolest stuff has come from that :D

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I just wanted to say Chrno that i love live 2 and im going to use it as my default template from now on and the other day when you were posting it you were driving me crazy with suspense because i got on the net 5 minutes after you posted saying about live 2 and i waited about an hour for you to post before i had to go.  :D
Well Done i really love it

Foggy

blogo

Can I download the pictures somewhere and put them on my own server?

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok, stevens, yep, I always thought more creative minds can do powerfull things, I've already accepted you on my MSN but this week as been crazy (huge amount of work and studies). I hope this weekend be more relaxed to at least sign-in on msn.

Foggy, I'm glad that you liked! sorry for the long wait.

Blogo, I'm not going to release any package with the images for HFS if you want them start downloading one by one. If the waiting time is your problem, please wait until the next update, i'm working on that.

Offline SoKoOLz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile