rejetto forum

lagging response firefox versus ie

gmcc · 2 · 1912

Offline gmcc

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Using v2.2f I had noticed over the last few weeks that when I connect to HFS via Firefox 3.6.18 clicking on a single folder/link will usually cause the browser to sit waiting on a response for 15-20 seconds, literally. This is on a local Gig lan all on a single class C address space.

Just on a whim today I thought to try doing the same thing using IE 8 and it is just as fast as one would expect. It does seem to happen with FF on any box I've tried, although always the same version of FF...so I can't really see that it's an HFS bug but rather something between it and FF not getting along very well.

I did some searching around here and didn't find anything quite related to this. Can someone hazard a guess as to the cause of this... maybe some minor setting in FF that is causing it?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome!
Even if you are required to use FF3, consider testing with a recent FF (6 was recently published). If installing is a problem you should find a stand-alone version.
Another interesting test would be going for HFS 2.3, currently in beta but advised.