rejetto forum

After Login "Not Allowed" permissions error??

msl · 2 · 1205

Offline msl

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I have an established working HFS server. (serveral years infact)  I have been managing users with out any incident or errors. This week we changed the port on the server to make it unavalable to the external world (without knowing the new port anyway) We have since moved the active port back in place and the web service accepts the request and displays the home page. Clicking on a protected link does request login credentials, but after the login is successful, the user is shown a screen that that tells them that they are not allowed access. This also happens as an internal web browser request as well. I have used the TEST! feature which does show a fail, but I think that it always has. Again this was working for a long period of time before any changes were made. I have looked through user restrictions and they all seem correct to me. What should I do next to troubleshoot and find a resolution. Thanks for any assistance.

Offline msl

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Never Mind - I got it fixed; I collapsed the group and added new admin user, I then globally highlighted and added new user admin to all the protected resources. I logged in via a browser and tested every resource link. Only two were allowed access. First was a virtual folder - not much help, as the others are all real folders. No uploads on virt folders. On the one folder that I was having issues with, I changed it to virtual and back again to real. I then had to reapply the restrictions. The folder that was no longer flagged as browsable; While I still highlighted on all groups, I cleared the check browsable off and then back on again. This repaired the other folders that were not allowing access even though these were already marked as browsable. Case closed, hope this helps someone else.