rejetto forum

Author Topic: HFS not able to start.  (Read 17804 times)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Re: HFS not able to start.
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:00:39 AM »
@Zoremeth: I'm as much as you interested on solving this error, given I was who proposed adding a component to HFS to make it multilingual that could lead to this error (so I hope a solution could be found).

The background of this error seems to be not a direct HFS's bug, but an incompatibility of one component used by HFS (Kryvich's Delphi Localizer), with another component (UTF8VCL) used by other software you have installed. It seems to be a very specific error, that is triggered when HFS is running with another software using UTF8VCL. At least that's how I understand that error (perhaps the cause is another thing).

@Rejetto: I don't know if this could be useful, but on the 'uFreeLocalizer.pas' there is a 'aAutoTranslate' boolean and also a 'CheckUtf8vcl' boolean. Perhaps (on theory) a simple "if hfs.lng do not exists, then aAutoTranslate or CheckUtf8vcl disabled" could disable this when the localizer is not used (but I'm not sure if that solves that error). There is (also in 'uFreeLocalizer.pas'), on line 412, the source of that error message box: 'K.D.L. initialization error.' On line 408, you will find this:

Code: [Select]
begin
  if AnsiCP = 0 then
    AnsiCP := 1250;
  if AnsiCP = 65001 then
    raise EKdlError.Create('K.D.L. initialization error.'#13#10+
      'Please put uFreeLocalizer before UTF8VCL in an uses clause of Application');

(sorry, my programming knowledge is very limited to propose a solution to this error :-[)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team