Software > HFS ~ HTTP File Server

Donate your Time for translate

<< < (2/6) > >>

SilentPliz:
 Hi Leo !  :)

I made some changes to facilitate (a bit) your work.
Now, you can work with Poedit and HFS at the same time, and check your work, without
relaunching HFS Everytime.

Here's how to do it :

First of all, I added / modified some "strings" ; here is how to update your work file :

- You download the default.pot file below.
- You open your default.po job file in Poedit.

In Spanish... ;)

menú Ver > check Entradas sin traducir primero
menú Catálogo > Actualizar desde archivo POT

find the downloaded default.pot file.

You save your default.po file ... that's all !

So to work with Poedit / HFS ...

I added "one more language" in HFS : Langue du code source
You switch on this item whenever you want to save your work with Poedit, then
you put the Spanish language back to check it.

I think future releases will handle languages by ​​this way.

See you soon ! :)

Updated 22-04-2020

POT file :
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/default.pot

HFS:
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/hfs.2.3m_300_r12_trad.exe

Sources:
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/Sources_hfs/HFS2.3m300_r12_trad.zip

LeoNeeson:

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 30, 2019, 04:25:41 PM ---I made some changes to facilitate (a bit) your work.
Now, you can work with Poedit and HFS at the same time, and check your work, without relaunching HFS Everytime.

--- End quote ---
That's great! :) I truly appreciate your efforts to make the process of translation easier. I'll check it out tomorrow (Sunday), that's when I have more free spare time (I've quickly tested it, and it looks good). Thank you.
Cheers,
Leo.-

PS: Is OK to give some small suggestions?... ;) If yes, then:
- On the first run (when there are no saved settings), and on screen resolutions lower than 1024x768px, start the program 'maximized' by default.
- On the 'Configuration SSL (TLS)' tab options, most of the SSL configuration options are cropped and not usable on small screens (like 800x600px). It's not important, but some users may be still using that screen resolution on old-PCs.

LeoNeeson:

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 25, 2019, 11:32:42 PM ---My translation into French is often more extended than the original English version (it's my choice to be more explanatory).

--- End quote ---
I also try to use 'longer translations' (to make it easier to understand), but sometimes I'm limited to the available 'caption' space. That's why I don't translate 'blindly', but one string by one (making sure the translated text is not 'cut' for being too long).

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 30, 2019, 04:25:41 PM ---I made some changes to facilitate (a bit) your work.
Now, you can work with Poedit and HFS at the same time, and check your work, without relaunching HFS Everytime.

--- End quote ---
That's great! I truly appreciate your efforts to make the process of translation easier. I've tested it today, and it's working fine (it saves time). Thanks again. :)

By the way, the translation is going well, but it will still take me some time.
Cheers,
Leo.-

PS: Is OK to give some small (unimportant) suggestions?... ;) If yes, then:
- On the first run (when there are no saved settings), and on screen resolutions lower than 1024x768px, it's better to start the program 'maximized' by default.
- On the 'Configuration SSL (TLS)' tab options, most of the SSL configuration options are cropped and not usable on small screens (like 800x600px). It's not important, but some users may be still using that screen resolution on old-PCs.

LeoNeeson:
Thanks! Now the SSL tab is OK on low-resolution screens. :)

» Small details/issues:

A) I've noticed (on the 'stable' version, not the 'trad' version), that the languages menu have the 'Anglais/English' option with the 'Spanish' flag icon. And if you start switching/changing the languages (several times), the flags goes crazy (it looks like there is an error there). The 'trad' version doesn't have this issue.

B) The size of captions, in most of the options found in 'Accueil' > 'Propietes' > 'Attributs' are short (this limits the space of the translated text). For example: Caption = 'Parcours permis' (found in the file: filepropDlg.dfm) has a very small Width = 96. Most of those CheckBoxes have a width of 249, but they can have twice that size (a width of 500 would leave more than sufficient space for most languages). This also happens on Rejetto's build (rejetto: take note of this, if you read this).

Anyway, you can leave those fixes for another revision (there is no need to release another build just for that, since this those are very small details, not important). I'll report if I find anything else... ;)

Cheers,
Leo.-

SilentPliz:

--- Quote from: LeoNeeson on April 07, 2019, 10:54:35 AM ---» Small details/issues:

A) I've noticed (on the 'stable' version, not the 'trad' version), that the languages menu have the 'Anglais/English' option with the 'Spanish' flag icon. And if you start switching/changing the languages (several times), the flags goes crazy (it looks like there is an error there). The 'trad' version doesn't have this issue.
--- End quote ---

Fixed!

--- Quote from: LeoNeeson on April 07, 2019, 10:54:35 AM ---B) The size of captions, in most of the options found in 'Accueil' > 'Propietes' > 'Attributs' are short (this limits the space of the translated text). For example: Caption = 'Parcours permis' (found in the file: filepropDlg.dfm) has a very small Width = 96. Most of those CheckBoxes have a width of 249, but they can have twice that size (a width of 500 would leave more than sufficient space for most languages). This also happens on Rejetto's build (rejetto: take note of this, if you read this).
--- End quote ---

Fixed!

With "captions" of this size, you will be able to put all the HFS user manual on one line.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version