rejetto forum

hfs sometimes slow connection and slow download(@6mbit up 768kbit down)

Guest · 26 · 12970

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Knu7 Nuk3m

the problem comes and goes sometimes the server works for a few files normal and then again sometimes it uploads only every few sseconds with 2-10 kbps

meanwhile i got a 10mbit connection sometimes it works and i get 120 kbyte/sek upload and sometimes it only uploads every few seconds some bytes :-\

Knu7Nuk3m

i think it must be a problem with my router because i got the same problem at my notebook and another computer which was connected to the router

its a netgear mr814-v3

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can do 2 things

1. when it is slow, use www.speedtest.net to see if it's HFS or your connection.

2. when it is slow, try using another similar software instead of HFS and see if it has the same problem.

both things are to address if it is HFS' fault or not.

Knu7 Nuk3m

i have done many speedtests i have 10546kbit/sek download and 1098 kbit upload speed i have made a picture of an upload so you can see how the problem looks like i have opened hfs and netlimiter (no it is not limiting) to show the results of an upload

http://www.file-upload.net/view-581913/bug.JPG.html

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
In the picture you showing, HFS is going at 120 in that moment.
Anyway, i suggested you to do the speed test WHILE the problem is there, it doens't matter if you made many tests in the past.
My suggestions last.

Knu7 Nuk3m

in this picture i marked the time in which the problem is there and the time in which it is running normal.
in other upload programs there is never a time in which it doesnt run with normal upload speeds

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Knu7 Nuk3m

i use tools like azureus to upload torrents and there i always have normal upload speeds
and i have done several upload speed tests

it´s definitely not a problem with my internet connection

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I suggest using a something to test your upload that isn't a torrent client because torrent clients use multiple connections to achieve the high upload speed and so the only thing that it proves is that your internet connection can max out it's upload bandwidth. Instead though you want to test it using a single threaded connection, for that I suggest using a different server software and/or the online speed test's which I think you have already done. I highly recommend trying a different server software though.

Knu7 Nuk3m

yes ive done many upload speed tests

the upload speed when i´m sending something over icq is normal too