rejetto forum

delphi 2010 and unicode

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
4 months ago i sent this email to emea.sales@embarcadero.com with subject special license, but never got any reply  :-[

Dear Embarcadero,
to respect your valuable time, i'll try to keep this short.

I'm mainly a php developer, but i use Delphi to continue a free software i started when i was a student (2002).
Being it just an hobby, and me having very low financial resources (i give no details for decency), i cannot afford buying a Delphi license for this project alone,
that's why i'm stuck to the latest free license i could get in 2006 (Turbo Delphi).

I wonder if your company is interested in giving me a limited (non-commercial) license to continue my work with the latest version, to improve the quality of Delphi based software on the market.
I'm very interested in the new unicode capabilities of Delphi 2010, since my users complain for the limited unicode support.

Please, let me know if there's any condition i should meet. Any answer is welcome.

Best regards,
--
Massimo Melina

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Maybe send your email to another address.  Here is a list of other addresses to try.  Send to one or all and maybe someone will respond. :)
http://embarcadero.com/company/contact-us
maverick

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Maybe you can use an Academic license:
http://www.codegear.com/education/academic-program

Streat price shall be around 40 euros for one user :D

Anyhow I suggest you to send an email at the license contect person for EMEA uk.key@embarcadero.com  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:42:37 PM by luca69 »
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
getting the wrong license is like having no license at all