rejetto forum

Need Help Please

Offline putyerhandzup

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all!

I am new to this and have got it working but cant figure a couple of things out..

1) I would like to know if its possible for people to add a comment to files they upload, basically a description of the file

2) I was also wondering if theres a way to give a "share" link for files, similar to some file sharing sites like mediafire.com(they give you a link for each file for you to give people so they can go directly to the download page and click a download button to start the download)

If it is of any help, i am using the Terayon v1.3.4 template.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: If there is another template i can use with these features thatd be fine, i dont have to use Terayon and dont really care what it looks like, aslong as its simple enough to navigate and upload files. Thanks again
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:07:23 AM by putyerhandzup »

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1) Yes, it is done by adding macros to the template. I don't remember if the default tpl has it?
2) Yes, but it depends on whether the file is protected, and if so, not all browsers are capable
   of using the link.
Searching the forum should find topics on both.

Offline putyerhandzup

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
1) Yes, it is done by adding macros to the template. I don't remember if the default tpl has it?
2) Yes, but it depends on whether the file is protected, and if so, not all browsers are capable
   of using the link.
Searching the forum should find topics on both.

I did search the forums quickly but found nothing on either. Ill take a closer look, mostly wanted to know if it was possible :)

Should add that no files need to be protected, all files are basically the same thing and there is only 1 folder people upload to. Ill see if theres a comment thing in the default template, but if anyone can give me the run down on setting it up thatd be great too

Thanks again
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:44:14 PM by putyerhandzup »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
sorry for the late reply

1. This is possible with HFS 2.3
When you use this version with the default template, upload permission gives automatically permission to comments too.

2. if you are on the HFS window, you just double click on a file, and you automatically get the URL copied. Just paste it.
If you are on the browser window, then right click on the file and you get a context menu with "copy link" (or similar).