rejetto forum

Security

Offline andy1980

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

Not sure if this has been asked, but how secure is HFS?? I’ve had a look on the internet and came across the following article

HFS has had multiple security issues. Some of the security issues are still there. For example: some versions of HFS allows any unregistered remote attacker to create arbitrary files at the host hard drive, in any arbitrary file directory with any arbitrary file content. Current beta version 2.3, still has many security issues.

The problem, is that I’ve been testing the software and love many of the features , but want to use it for myself, to distributes software, but I’m concerned, over people being able to hack into, what are the risk, or is there any additional security I can put in place

I’m using HFS 2.3 Beta Build283

Many thanks, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Andy

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
I've never had any problems and my site which runs HFS has had about a million requests in the past few months...

jannuh

100% secure isn't possible in any software..

I never had any troubles in relation to security in the abt. 12 years I'm running a webserver
(xitami / sambar / ?? -forgot / network active server (short period) / hfs)

That doens't say there are no security issues...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
those referred in the wikipedia article were fixed in January 2008 by 2.2c and 2.3#175.
So the guy who wrote that thing in 2011 was wrong and inaccurate.

There's no known security flaw in current versions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:29:05 AM by rejetto »

Offline andy1980

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thank you so much for getting back to me