rejetto forum

may be a temporary problem with FHFS AJAX server during Setup

bobf · 9 · 5649

Offline bobf

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm trying to setup FHFS on a Windows 7 32bit test box. When I hit 'start installation' it tells me "To complete the installer, you must have an active internet connection. If you are absolutely sure that you are currently connected, there may be a temporary problem with the FHFS AJAX server"

I know I'm connected to the internet and I've turned off all firewalls, av firewalls, and most other applications that might be running on the same port or that could cause an issue.

Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks!

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com

Offline bobf

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks for the reply!
It says HFS version 2.3 beta. I just downloaded it from the site this morning.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com

Offline bobf

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've also taken out all the proxy stuff that my works has so I just have a straight internet connection. I still get the same error. Any help would be great!!
Thanks.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
I really don't know why that would be happening.  Maybe you can try making a macro log.

Go to the HFS interface, then the menu, then debug, and enable macro log.  Try the installer.  Then PM me the file macro-log.html in the FHFS folder.

Offline bobf

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OK I was able to look at the squid logs and it was a proxy issue on the backend. So problem fixed there.

Now the installer is telling me my admin pw has special characters... Why can't I have special characters for an admin pw? Seems silly to not be able to lock it down with a strong pw.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
It can have most special characters, just certain ones aren't allowed because HFS doesn't allow them.  Nothing I can do about that.  These are the only ones that aren't allowed: /\ ?:*"<>;&@|

If you want I can send you a modified file that allows all special characters, but I don't know whether it would work or not.  I just remember I had a problem with certain special characters a while ago during early development.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:33:25 PM by raybob »