rejetto forum

Problem with update 2.3k

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi.
I've updated the version 2.3k and I could not connect to my server. The test from the HFS program tells me that the test has been successful and everything works properly. port 5005 is open, but when i open domain dns, this does not answer and from page. (Connection time expired)
I'd add that before I upgrade, everything worked correctly: /
I also excluded the program and ports from the Firewall (Windows 10 Creator Update)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Have you tried restarting your system?...
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yes, without any results. The strange fact is that all tests are running ... The port is correctly opened. But if I open my browser and enter the address, this page expires or Connection timed out ???

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It must be the error of the beginner

What address do you use to log in? If it is the internet address, it is normal that this does not work, you must first connect to an external proxy to perform this type of test. 
Since the computer hosting hfs, you can only use the 127.0.0.1

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
With the previous version everything worked properly.
I have a dns with no-ip, where with HFS I could always connect without problems. (Namesite.ddns.net)
I can not access the web anymore, but all the configurations I've put in, making a "self test" with HFS are all correct.
I have always enabled DUC with its no-ip ddns login, then configured HFS for the connection, but if I open the browser, this "timeout for the connection"
I also tried to change port (5100) but from the same problem.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:00:06 AM by Alexander »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
in truth this sounds like a router nat issue. if you go to the dns name at a public place (outside of your router local network.) Does it work?

###############

this also sounds like a time protocol issues (is the PC running HFS set to the correct date/time?)
cert errors and connection time out i have most commonly seen with is due to a clock time stamp not matching a packet with is fixed on the server and client ntp syncing up. (usually seen with https) with is why i usualy change windows ntp server to linux time pool ( pool.ntp.org )...

#################

this also seems to be a ban/limt in place, did you change a ban/limit setting in hfs?

##################

any change is you right click (run program as administrator)?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:51:35 PM by bmartino1 »
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The dns server responds correctly to ping. So it works perfectly. I used HFS with administrative privileges and did not touch any ban on configuration. Simply stopped working from one moment to the next, so without a reason ...
Everything is properly configured. Port open properly, working dns server, time and date is right. :o ???

I honestly do not know what it may be ... I did not even touch any router configuration. :o

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
This is very weird. ???

Do you have another PC or Tablet? try to access from them (and even better from another internet connection, to determine if it's your internal configuration or anything else). If this fails, try to access your server directly using your Public IP (and not using *.ddns.net).

If you access from your own PC (the same where HFS is installed), then use 127.0.0.1:5100 (or your port), and not your external Public IP or you No-IP *.ddns.net.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The dns server responds correctly to ping. So it works perfectly. I used HFS with administrative privileges and did not touch any ban on configuration. Simply stopped working from one moment to the next, so without a reason ...
Everything is properly configured. Port open properly, working dns server, time and date is right. :o ???

I honestly do not know what it may be ... I did not even touch any router configuration. :o

*if its working perfectly, then it would be working :P ... ??? ...

Alright,
just because the dns server responds to ping, doesn't mean its working properly. At this point i think its the dns configuration...
* i have confirmed in a self test before that hfs would pass but not be reachable. (this being an issues with a setup on dns records...)

So lets review are basic form square one. http://www.rejetto.com/forum/router-port-problems/some-router-info-for-newbies-or-not-so-newbies/msg1059916/#msg1059916

##########################################################

This is one of the reason why i left dyndns and no-ip ... there was an issues in there ip name translation.
(depending on setup and configuration of your dns name.) it may only be forwarding port 80. not all ports associated to the IP.. so your hfs is on a changed port.

the update itself doesn't change that setting (tested with an old account).. so another chaged has happened.

did you change HFS port number since the update?

What machine are you using to test you connection? - the server(pc running HFS) is not a good machine to test the connection!...

i do recommend leo previous post on testing the connection via IP only to see if you get a connection.

What concerns me more is (you on the windows 10 creator update) that is having issues with Edge more than usual)
* what web browser are you using?
i'm having a hard time with out any info on your cert err / time out. a web browser would usual give you a http 404 or other info regarding this information.

I recommend firefox.

____

also,  as i'm still testing windows 10 stuff in the creator update... I don't think the firewall may have it opened.
* you may have to allow the program both private and public access

* you may also have to manually allow the hfs port "incoming" and "outgoing"

*# I would test it once with the firewall disabled.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:58:14 PM by bmartino1 »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
absurd. After trying it on Windows 7 (tested and working). Now I have tried again on Windows 10 and it works there too! how the hell possible? I have not touched anything in router configurations!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:15:08 PM by Alexander »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
not that surprising. the "windows 10 creator update" is still a beta build. although, i'm not having issues with it at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-info.aspx

Microsft trying to do something like ubuntu and there long term release stuff.

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Where did you see that it's a beta? Anyway I agree, they want to do something similar to linux distributions, but this in my opinion is absurd.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
absurd. After trying it on Windows 7 (tested and working). Now I have tried again on Windows 10 and it works there too! how the hell possible? I have not touched anything in router configurations!
not that surprising. the "windows 10 creator update" is still a beta build. although, i'm not having issues with it at the moment. Microsft trying to do something like ubuntu and there long term release stuff.

What bmartino1 meant to say is about how Windows is now on an always 'Beta state', since Microsoft is now delivering continuous updates that change critical parts of the system (see 'continuous deployment'). This means, your system can be perfectly working today, and the next day something could be wrong, and the next day could be fixed again. Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and most common Linux distributions use the term "Rapid Release Cycle development" for this. That's some kind of 'beta', even if they don't name it that way... :P ...unless you use a “Long Term Support” (LTS) release (which is similar to old 'Gold/Stable' versions). ;)

Offline Alexander

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ahh is all clear now. Yes, indeed Microsoft, said he would like to support this operating system for a long time. So the various versions (redstone I / II / III) may have problems during their development cycle.

However, the important thing is that everything has been resolved and above all it was not a configuration problem.

thank you guys