rejetto forum

Groups gone? Need to redirect...

hati · 4 · 2829

Offline hati

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm new on HFS and for now somewhat satisfied. I played around a bit, read some manuals and browsed the forum. I found something like groups called "account linking" in the wiki. However: I cannot find this feature in HFS, only in the documentation ???

I'm still looking for the right solution, so please forgive me if the solution is easy or I didn't find the right thread. I cannot enter in depth at this time, but of course I will when the decision is made. This way is faster for me.

My problem:
I'm setting up a simple file transfer server for a printery. The customers will upload their artwork. Usefully the folder names are named like the customers. But: the customers shouldn't see the other customers names.

Is it possible to use a template that only shows some nice grafics and a big login-button and when the customer logs in he will be redirected to his own subfolder? (Intead of the login-button it's acceptable to have only one folder visible and if s/o clicks on that folder without logging in the browsers login dialog appears. But after login the user MUST be redirected)

Possible?

regards
Frank

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome!
account linking was a first awkward way of getting account groups.
Now they are named just groups, but it's a feature of version 2.3 (you can download it from the "beta" forum board).

My guess is that you need "list protected items only for allowed users".
So after they log in, they see only the right folder.

in version 2.3 you get also an automatic redirection feature after the login.

to make the nice graphics etc you need to make your own html.

Offline hati

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Cool! Seems to work fine!

I've noticed one little problem and will try to find the reason:
Not 100% sure (have to check cache settings etc after this posting), but it looks like only IE has some problem with the redirection concerning the icons. After login the customer is redirected to his folder but instead of icons there are only empty placeholders (or nothing, depending on the settings in the advanced options). I have to refresh the page once or move to another folder to see any icons.

I didn't notice that with FF, but will check again with empty cache.

Edit:
FF works, IE does not show the icons on the left (Folder, Search, Select etc), but the icons in the file list are ok. You need to refresh or change to another folder once. See http://www.haumichweg.de/hfs.png
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:52:28 AM by hati »

Offline hati

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Some mystery:
The Upload progress bar seems to exist, but with somewhat funny behavior. I startet a huge file upload via LAN. After reaching 24% the progressbar appears with the filename and the percentage. But it stays at 24% until the file is completely uploaded  :-\

When uploading another file, the progressbar appears again after some seconds, but in the same way as above: filename of the first file, 24%  ???